1. 1. Do you like this poll?

• Yes
    • No
    • Not sure
    • Can you do another poll please?
  2. 2. Should I make a new poll?

• Yes please
    • No, don't need

I knew a guy once that drank ONLY coke. I thought he was joking until I spent a week with him. Yep. Coke in the morning, all day then at night too. 365 days a year. He was a tool. He's probably dead by now.

How can you list sports drinks as separate from the "chemicals & stuff" category?

I drink, in decreasing order of importance...

Full strength, black coffee (with added sugar but no milk/cream)

Cappuccino

"soft" drinks, from the poll list listed as "chemicals & sugar"

All of the above contain copious quantities of water, so I drink mainly water with added flavours.

And, because I am somewhat pedantic, I would point out that ALL of the components of ALL the drinks mentioned are, in fact, chemicals, so the negative connotations of the first item on the list is meaningless.

stir

Originally Posted By: JA
How can you list sports drinks as separate from the "chemicals & stuff" category?

Just cos there are loads of them sold in Japan and a lot of people I know always drink those but never the "soda" type ones. I don't think they have as much sure as the Gatorade type things you are probably thinking of. (Don't know for sure but they don't taste as sweet anyway). The have the electrolyte minerals like magnesium, sodium, potassiumn and calcium and doctors actually recommend drinking them when you are sick and can't eat anything. They still got a load of sugar and flavouring but they use sugar glucose or fructose rather than the high fructose corn syrup and have exactly half the sugar and calories of US Coke.

And, because I am somewhat pedantic, I would point out that ALL of the components of ALL the drinks mentioned are, in fact, chemicals, so the negative connotations of the first item on the list is meaningless.
stir

err...it was a joke rolleyes
Originally Posted By: me jane

stir

err...it was a joke rolleyes

Err ... as was mine wink

#1 drink is water, purified by distillation, osmosis or filter - 3 litres a day in summer.

Also drink mugi, green, oolong, and sometimes "the gourmet shit" coffee like Jimmy from Pulp Fiction.

During sports, drink amino supli or Aquarius ( why is there only one flavour????)

Haven't touched Coke any nasty crap like that for several years now.

Calpis is quite drinkable, I don't mind it if its being offered to me.

Mantas the winner you know who drank only coke is not also I have met fellow boffins of his.

I actually know one guy who drinks only coffee and less than a litre total a day - hello kidney stones!

Bleck - couldn't think of anything worse than not flushing the body of toxins - and I have seen first hand the effect of kidney and gall stones - my SIL has shocking attacks!

I voted for water and caffeine drinks, but I drink herbals as well.

As a special occassion thing I might have a diet soda, and very rarely a juice (but I prefer to dilute juice with water - it is always pretty strong!). Occassionally indulge in a hot chocolate too.

BUT WATER is number one in my book - and about 3 litres a day at that!

My teenagers think coke is a suitable substitute for water - hopefully before they end up with diabete's they will listen to the wisdom of thier Mamabear!!

THREE litres?? ONLY if you count the water contained in Coke, coffee, etc!! You cannot be serious, and drink 3L of water AS WELL AS other stuff!

My back teeth would float away before I got halfway there!