There's a guy on the tv now being interviewed who 'lives' in a Net Cafe. He has even changed the address on his Juminhyo to the address of the Net Cafe.

31 years old. 2 pot noodles a day. Coke from the machine. Using the internet in a little cubicle. Washes his clothers in the net cafe washing machines. That's his life. Seems they are set up for people to live in them.

omg

Hey I must say that after using the "Nap Hall" at Escal Plaza - Goryu, Hakuba, there would seem to be no real reason why one could not use this facility as a holiday domicile. - Full on bath house, wc, lockers and a warm dry floor to sleep on with ski in ski out convenience.

This is an excellent concept - like beer vending machines, that I suspect is respected and appreciated by Japanese and as such they do not abuse the priviledge.

Is there any privacy at all though? I need my privacy.

And actually I enjoy staying at decent places rather than the lowest cheapest I can find.

Originally Posted By: Mamabear
Where does he sleep?

at the net cafes here you can get either private or semi private cubicles. The private ones often have a 2 seated sofa or a reclining leather exec style chair with a foot rest etc. I know people who use the cafes as cheap hotels if they have missed the last train home from Tokyo. At night, the lights are either put off or switched to very low and the private area has a quiet policy enforced by the cafe staff who move around making sure each "guest/customer" is safe. They often have shower rooms and other various hotel like amenities