1. 1. Do you like this poll?

• Yes
    • No
    • Not sure
    • Can you do another poll please?
  2. 2. Should I make a new poll?

• Yes please
    • No, don't need

I have a poll question for those members overseas who visit Japan for skiing and snowboarding - about how many nights are you coming for?

I'd be interested to see what spread we get for that!

Thanking you

Each year we get a bit longer.

First year was just "in, ski 9 of 11 days, out" = total 13 days including the days flying in and out.

Next year was "in, ski 9 of 11, 3 days sights, out" = total 15 days.

Then, last year was "in, sights 4 days, ski 9 of 11, out" = 16 days

Next year we are booked "in, 7 days sights, ski 9 of 11, out" =20 days - nearly 3 weeks!

Who knows what the year after will bring??? maybe a whole month?? But only if we can afford the time away from work.

But, to make it a realistic comparison, you'd have to ask ...

What is the usual length of your overseas trip?

Might be worth making into a poll.

Originally Posted By: thursday.
or indeed how many days overseas do you spend in a year. Including holidays, business, holidays disguised as business.

LOL!!!

In years past I would have modestly put my hand up for perhaps 10-14 days of oversea's travel every year, in the further distant past it might have been as little as a weekend "down south" in a budget motel or caravan every two years!!!

BUT times have changed, we can reap the fruits of our toil and my response was 3 weeks.
That was 3 weeks in Niseko...it was 4 weeks in Japan ... and that is NOT the total of our travel oversea's or otherwise for the 12 months! I guiltily accept my share of the carbon load from international and domestic flights. And I am very glad to have the opportunity to do the things now that we could not afford in the early years. And why not - things can change in an instant - if you can ...do.

A close friend hubby was given the '6 months left' talk last week, and he is just over 50...she is mid 40's. The sand in his hourglass is almost run through, and I hope he can say "I lived my life well, I seized every opportunity".

I'd have guessed that 10 days was the average. Must be great for the hotels getting week long bookings rather than the one or two nights I would think lots of Japanese guests take out. It will of course depend in the region too, would be interesting to know that as well.

Having a wife who is a teacher and school aged kids has one big advantage - You get to do holidays - and the biggy is Xmas 6-8 weeks in OZ. This means that we can get away in mid December and return to waist high grass at the end of January.( 5 weeks usually so we can have a week at the beach to unwind)

Our recipe is to go somewhere that we know for the first 2 weeks then get on the move to a couple of other places for the rest of the time.

Japan has a nice long list of destinations that keep us enthusiastic for more - however with AUD up where it is we nearly ended up in America to do the fly into LA get a car and explore the Rockies - but this may have to wait for MrsBrisbane to take a 1st term long service leave so that we can have from December to April to just do it do it do it do it and do it some more.