Yikes

Quote:
A man armed with a knife has killed six people and injured 11 others in central Tokyo, Japanese media say.

The incident occurred in the Akihabara district, a busy shopping area known as Electric Town that is popular with young people and tourists.

A suspect, said to be 25-year-old Tomohiro Kato, has been arrested near the scene.

The stabbing falls on the anniversary of a brutal knife attack at a primary school in 2001.

Jiro Akagi, a police spokesman, confirmed Mr Kato's arrest and identity, but gave no further details. Earlier reports suggested he could have been a gangster.

Three men aged 19, 47 and 74 died after being stabbed in Akihabara, police said. It was not immediately clear whether the other victims were male or female.

Vid gone, but I saw it on the telly.

"Anybody ok".

See when they interviewed people in his building people didn't recognise him. Whats up when people who live right next to each other have never seen each other once.

He drove a truck into the crowd and then started stabbing the ones he ran over screaming like a madman...was what Iheard on the news...like a madman, would a sane man do that?

Thats just sick. It fell on the anniversary of the Osaka elem school stabbing didnt it? At least Japanese dont really have access to guns, right?

+++++ Thoughts and prayers go out to the victims :( +++++

Truly terrible.

I would venture a guess though that more of the fatalities were from being hit by the vehicle than by being stabbed by the folding pocket knife weilded by this disturbed fellow.

folding pocket knife? no that was his unused back up, the main weapon he brandished was a long dagger (even the media screwed that up, some ignorant reporter called it a survival knife and then every media agency ran with that story, there is quite a difference).

Still - being smashed into run over by a big Isuzu cab-over box lorry is bound to cause significant bodily harm. I've heard it referred to as a "two tonne truck", but from the pictures, it's a "two tonne capacity truck - probably at least 3 tonnes empty.