• Can you do another poll please?
  2. 2. Should I make a new poll?

• Yes please
    • No, don't need

• Replies 303
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Obama is loosing the chess match. He has to come up with something or the game is over. He had a chance to hammer home the change vision and shut out Jonny boy but didn't. Johnny took the gamble (he had to) and picked the antichrist. She shores up the right and pulls in the angry Hillary vote. The women Obama scorned, now that is frightening.

Obama needed something better than Biden. He is boring and cant hammer home the message. He shouldve gone with a strong woman Nancy Palosi or sucked up his pride and added Hillary. If Jonny wins there will be a swing to the right very quickly.

Palin is a nutcase, but the media only need a few soundbites to spin her into anything they want. They're on the Republicans side, so she'll get an easy ride.

Call me old fashioned, but if you've got five kids, one is a disabled baby and another is pregnant and unmarried, then one of the parents should be at home, or at least not have a demanding high-powered job. It looks like the family values candidate doesn't even raise her own family.

Sarah Palin defended herself against charges of inexperience on Thursday, insisting she is ready to serve America as vice-president - but then appeared to be ignorant of the "Bush doctrine" which has defined much of American national security policy in recent years.

On the day that America commemorated the September 11 terrorist attacks, her worst moment came when she was flummoxed by a question about whether she supported a policy the president had developed to snuff out future threats.

"Do you agree with the Bush Doctrine?" she was asked. "In what respect," she replied, "his worldview?"

"No, the Bush Doctrine," said the interviewer, "enunciated September 2002, before the Iraq War."

Mrs Palin then gave a long and possibly prepared answer which underlined the McCain campaign's efforts to distance itself from the current administration.

“What President Bush has attempted to do is rid this world of Islamic extremism, terrorists who are hell-bent on destroying our nation,†she said. “There have been blunders along the way, though, there have been mistakes made."

It was then explained that the doctrine was one of "anticipatory self-defence,†- or pre-emptive strikes against perceived threats. But she hesitated about backing a policy favoured even by Barack Obama of making cross-border attacks on al-Qaeda bases in Pakistan. Eventually, she declared: "I believe that America has to exercise all options in order to stop the terrorists who are hell-bent on destroying America and our allies. We have got to have all options out there on the table.â€

lol slap @ Thursday. I still have faith in the good people of America. I'm sure they are smart enough to realize that Palin is a complete nutter. Surely they wouldn't elect McCain as long as he's got her as second in command!
Originally Posted By: ger
I still have faith in the good people of America. I'm sure they are smart enough to realize that Palin is a complete nutter. Surely they wouldn't elect McCain as long as he's got her as second in command!

lol

I don't like her at all.

It is kind of scary that people will vote her in to be the VP.

Only a small point (and I'm not American so probably has a lot to do with it) but that accent really grates.

McCain is really clever. He invented the Blackberry. (Or is it, he eats them?)

Quote:
Douglas Holtz-Eakin, the Republican presidential candidate's economics guru, was being grilled about Mr McCain's qualifications for addressing the current crisis in the markets when he made the claim.

He cited the senator's experience and leadership of the US Senate Commerce Committee, saying it placed him at the intersection of a number of economic interests, including the telecommunications industry.

And when pressed on Mr McCain's achievements on the committee, Mr Holtz-Eakin pulled out his BlackBerry personal digital assistant and declared: "You're looking at the miracle that John McCain helped create."

The 72-year-old candidate has acknowledged he does not know how to use a computer and cannot send emails, one of the BlackBerry's prime functions.

Some have dubbed the handheld wireless device the "crackberry" because of how some users apparently become addicted to non-stop communication via email and text message.