• Can you do another poll please?
  2. 2. Should I make a new poll?

• Yes please
    • No, don't need

• Replies 303
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Surely a(n even mildly) intelligent voter must ask themselves "is this person ready to take the place of McCain if something happens to him". I say no and would not vote for him because of this choice.

Not even if you were a native of those countries and voting for them?

I would.

Apart from the fact that I think the choice is offensive in some ways, it is just so totally transparent.

She even mentioned Hillary in her speech!!

Undecided women liked Clinton because they saw her as qualified to be president. McCain is 72 and has had numerous encounters with cancer. That he is fine now is good, but his choice if VP very much should have been someone with experience. This woman, it would seem, just is not and picking here is almost an insult. Thats my initial reaction.

The president is nobody anyway, they are just a puppet for the real government. Do you really think the president is there in his chair calling the shots and making all the decisions by himself like some King from the middle ages?

Therefore, it can be anyone as president. It could be a senile old movie star with 0 brain cells like Reagan, or a monkey like the current one, it doesnt make any difference.

...not that I'm cynical or anything wink

Quote:
Do you really think the president is there in his chair calling the shots and making all the decisions by himself like some King from the middle ages?

Yes I sure do.
So, you implying it's not like that?

Osama has a great deal of experience in terrorism and is the undisputed most successful terrorist of all time. But what has this got to do with him? I thought we were discussing U.S. presidential candidates.

My last post was just to show that though I have not been posting much in recent months, I have still been tuning in. Unfortunately, I have not been able to make fun of Fattwins' English, which is my favourite pastime, since he hasn't been posting much. So I had to jump on you.

Sorry Thursday, but Osama is a terrorist. The democratic candidate is Obama!

IT sure will be interesting to see how this ends up.

The Times today

Quote:
The Republican presidential candidate, John McCain, was facing a backlash from his party last night over the appointment of Sarah Palin, the governor of Alaska, as his running mate after it emerged that he had met her only once before offering her the job.

His choice of Palin, a 44-year-old, gun-toting, moose-burger-eating mother-of-five, confirmed his maverick reputation but also caused some leading Republicans to question his judgment.

Shannen Coffin, a former White House counsel to Dick Cheney, the vice-president, said choosing Palin seemed “desperate†and that it would be difficult to attack Barack Obama, the Democratic nominee, on the grounds of inexperience. “It is hard to imagine Palin playing the same sort of role that modern vice-presidents like Gore, Bush, Cheney or Mondale played,†he said.

Antiabortion conservative Republicans applauded the choice as daring and modern, but others criticised her lack of foreign policy expertise and inexperience in a national election.

gun-toting, moose-burger-eating mother-of-five

Moose burger?!

Friend in Japan told me that pretty much the thing they started off on was the "former beauty queen" aspect.

lol

Until 2 years ago she hadn't even left 'them there' Alaskan shores!

And that was only to visit some US troops. Worldlyness may not be an important criteria for the second most powerful position in the world but heck, you should at least know something about the people your going to bomb.

Naughty girl. Is this likely to affect things?

Quote:
The sudden intrusion of adolescent bedroom drama into the US presidential race threatens to rock, if not quite capsize, the nascent McCain-Palin ticket. Sarah Palin, the vice-presidential nominee, astonished Republican delegates assembled in St Paul for their truncated convention yesterday by announcing that her 17-year-old daughter, Bristol, is pregnant.

The revelation was an effort to extinguish tawdry internet rumours about who is the real mother of the Alaska Governor's fifth child born in April this year. Left-wing blogger sites, including the prominent Daily Kos, had been speculating that Mrs Palin's fifth child, Trig, who was born earlier this year and diagnosed with Down's syndrome, was in fact carried by Bristol, who would have then been 16. The implication was that Mrs Palin, a social conservative, claimed the baby as her own to cover up for Bristol's indiscretion.