1. 1. Do you like this poll?

• Yes
    • No
    • Not sure
    • Can you do another poll please?
  2. 2. Should I make a new poll?

• Yes please
    • No, don't need

So, what do you reckon? I think Obama can do it.

Funny today McCain was trying to make out that Obama is more like Bush than he is. We're in for a ahem fun few months.

Added new poll below --- who do you WANT to win?

• Replies 303
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

McCain by a landslide.

When it comes to the crunch, I expect a lot of people to switch from the 'edgy' vote to a safe vote. Obama will lead in the exit polls but on the day he'll get whooped. Which is a shame cos I like Obama.

I reckon you're right Bobby. McCain is center enough to appeal to enough socially conservative democrates that he will win. We will never know, but Clinton's greater appeal to conservative voters may have given her a better chance at beating McCain. Kind of ironic, really.

I concur!

I will be surprised if Obama makes it first over the line - very very surprised.

I also think that IF by some miracle he does pull it off - that his days are numbered. There are too many white supremesists/exptremists in the US... he does not stand a chance.

Actually McCain is very votable. I still can't believe that Bush won the republican nomination over McCain all those years ago. What were they thinking???!

Hope Obama wins though. Really hope so. I think he has good chance. Maybe I have to much faith in the American people, though.

McCain is 72?!?! How is he going to do a second term? I'm stunned, why on earth did they put forward someone how has already been retired 7 years!!!

Originally Posted By: TheOrange
I think people might be surprised.

I would have serious reservations voting for a guy 72 years old (no offence to oldies intended, my dad is as well!).

in 4 years he'll be 76, rounded up => 80.
commander in chief who's almost 80 would be quite encouraging for elderly people. smile

Well I think it will be closer than lots of people think.

Just think how far Obama has come in less than a year. Mighty impressive. Perhaps I'm just hoping.

Why a landslide?

Obama seems to have a lot of support and I can only see that rising in the coming months especially amongst the young people who might actually be motivated to vote this time.

I say he will win and bet a glass of beer on it.

you know the US has issues, the absolute disastrous mess that is Iraq, soaring fuel prices, the housing mortgage crisis, the weak dollar, weak economy etc etc at what point will even edgy voters say enough is enough, the Republicans have done a crap job, lets see what the rockstar can do.

McCain is damaged goods, all the years as POW messed him up, sure he puts forward a decent enough image, but inside....

The world needs Obama to win.

I prefer neither:

One is old and likely to be a puppet like Reagan, whilst the other (looking past all the shiny teeth and Kennedy-like gestures) has uncomfortable links to Islam.

Having a dodgy background (linked to Indonesia) is not the type of person I'd consider appropriate to have the finger on 'the button'.

They would've been safer with Clinton - experienced beyond all the others.