place for rent in naeba area for the all season

hi,

it's gonna be my first season boarding in japan and i thought to spend the all next season just snowboarding in naeba area, but i couldn't find long term accomadation for rent.

i hope to find here some answers and maybe some ditails from people who were there for the all season.

how much is it cost?

and where is it good place to stay?

when should i book the place?

i'm not planing to work in the resort.

thank you all.

I am not sure were you can find online info, but you can rent a place through one of the 2-3 real estate agencies in Echigo-uzawa city. A friend that rented a house up there, said he is paying something like 35000 yen a month for a 12 room house. I know you can actually buy a small apartment in Naeba from as less as 800000 yen.

The best thing unfortunately is to go up there and look through a real estate.

In Japan you would also need a guarantor to rent a place.

I know someone who has a place in Naeba. Trying to get rid of it without losing too much. Good for some weekends in winter but the maintenance is costing way too much. And in reality, it is an old POS that no-one else wants. There are 675,003 empty rooms/mansions up there in those lovely towers.

Quote:
A friend that rented a house up there, said he is paying something like 35000 yen a month for a 12 room house.

Huge handfuls of salt most likely needed.

thank you all for the answers.

Tsondaboy, do you know the name or address or telephone number of those agencies?

anything that might help me to rent a room there before i getting there?

and how is the naeba area?

i have been boarding for 15 years, 4 all season in the last 5 years in whistler canada, so my level is really high.

i love the park and the big (40-60 feet) kickers , and all the tecnical rails ,but also love the powder.

my question is if you think that naeba is the right place 4 me?

but please help me with the accomadation, it's the most important for me to know that i go to place where i can find place to rent.

thanks again

If I were to spend a season somewhere, it sure wouldn't be Naeba!

I'd say you seriously need to change the location you are targeting.

Sorry 0_av I cant help you more with that. The city you would be looking to find an agency is called Echigo-uzawa 越後湯沢.

Naeba is a bit isolated place and although next to it is one of the best parks in Yuzawa area (Asagai), the groomers are boring. Better find a place in Yuzawa which will give you access to more than 5 good resorts, including naeba on a 30 min bus ride.

CB in Yuzawa you can get a 1DK for 1200000 with maintenance fees around 15000.

scouser, could you please explain why you think naeba is not good idea?

i love the park,and i ride just park unless it's powder.

do you have any better resoet that you can recomend me?

• SnowJapan Admin

Hello o avraham.

I won't comment on the location but if you send me an email - address available on my profile - I will get back to you with some more info regarding estate agents in Yuzawa.

Thanks.

It seems that Japanese text isn't displaying properly yet. That's a real puzzler but we'll try and get on the case with that quickly.

thanks SJForums.

well , if you can recomend me a good resort as well,since i have never been in japan resorts , it would be awesome.

i'm looking reasort with good highest level park.

pipe

powder

and that it will be big enough so the powder will last for more than 2 hours.

i know niseko is good resort, but i don't know if there is good park there, all i hear is about the pow there.

also i want resort that i can feel the japanese culture and not just forigners.

thanks again

ofer

• SnowJapan Admin

It's probably best not to put your email address on the forums just in case some tinned meat-like robot/spider/whatever picks up on it.

As I said, please send me an email.

Thanks.

smile

If you are interested in Hakuba - there are a few backpacker places around there.

one of the guys staying there paid 35,000 for a full month - but that didn't include any meals; however, the lodge had a kitchen and wash room etc.

is it ok to put the name here SJ?

• SnowJapan Admin

If you do we will soon be dealing with protesting people behind the scenes. wink

There are some backpackers and other cheaper places in lots of the popular places on our list and it might be a good idea to contact them:

http://www.snowjapan.com/e/hotel/index.html

(And there will be more added from next month)

Dunno about the park but I wouldn't want to spend a whole season at Naeba. If that area was definitely where you wanted to be then I'd take Tsonda's advice and move to Yuzawa where access to many resorts is easy. However I believe that there are many better resorts in Nagano such as the Hakuba resorts, Shiga Kogen, Nozawa Onsen. Also the Myoko resorts are quality as well, I think thats in Niigata. Like I say I don't know much about parks but these areas have awesome terrain, maybe a few of the peeps living in Nagano and Niigata can give you more details about whats on offer

As a matter of interest, why did you choose Naeba?

The places i have riden in Japan sometimes have one or two big kickers but they dont have the same volume of jumps as in the states.

Myoko suginohara has a lot of multi-directional rails. They make a big kicker around mid season and have a cool snow-cross course. But it also has a season which is 1-3 months shorter than Hakuba, Shiga, Nozawa and Hokkaido resorts.

But i have a question for the OP,

If you are at a resort all season, dont you go out and build you own jumps? I would have said any resort with a pipe would be good and then you can make the rest yourself? Got the latest Burton gear yet? I heard it makes you look good.

Matt