People already fighting for first lifts @ Niseko!

And the babes!

Reminds me of the Frankie Goes to Hollywood two tribes vid.

Regarding the first lifts. My strategy would be to wait until November or whenever it snows first. Then, those fighting dudes will be well tired and I'll just pop on the first one. (After fighting MikePow and others for it. Perhaps we could janken).

I saw a job posted (could be old, dunno) for the Niseko marketing director. I know full details cant be posted, but I was in stitches laughing at the package. The position is Director, senior director, and salary was 3million yen - 5million yen lol

rollabout rollabout

fluent in English and Japanese, and youre going to be director - I guess they pay you more in Niseko Gold Snow and peanuts?!?! rollabout

offtopic

Anyways, glad all the police are up there protecting our beloved leaders rolleyes

That is about right with the salary.....usually these jobs are not actually "full time" and the applicants have other income from consultating for other businesses....thats why it seems so low.

there are some full time - usually from the local council and one or two tourism graduates, then local companies staff the offices with their staff.

So in a ski resort, you would have staff from the lift companies and probably a member from JA (japan agriculture)etc...all working together.

Can get quite amusing if you have more than one lift company in town.

just because its posted as full time - doesnt mean they have "other" interests.

Of course the council is not completely stupid and paying that kind of salary will not really attract anyone....if they didnt have other income coming in.

Quote:

But surely the same applies to any job.
Originally Posted By: mina2
Quote:

But surely the same applies to any job.

no not really - which company would put up with ....just taking a few days off to do some other business.
Toursim industry as a lot of down time when they are not "too" busy

Well, no. Generally if a job is actually full time - and not just saying that for the laughs - then it is, surely, full time. (Doesn't mean to say some people won't do some things on the side...)

But anyway, rather irrelevant here because in the case in point here it was a year-round full-time job, not a part time here's some extra cash deal.

[quote=stemika member from JA (japan agriculture) etc

Glad I looked a bit further into this ... Someone using my name in vain?? Don't they know it's copyright?? rollabout stir

If only I spoke Japanese fluently I'd have gone for it.

That's significantly more than I earn annualy here in Hirafu. Along with plenty of other people working here in all jobs.

Reality check!

wink

When people start earning more they tend to find it difficult to believe that people earn less.

Whats the AET wage - 3.6 million?

I know lots of people who earn less, and I'm not just talking arubait etc.

I think what is ludicrous were the requirements for job, what it entails etc, and the peanut salary. Not to sound snobbish but they couldnt afford me - if it was double the salary I might think about it.

People earn less. Yes, there are many unnecessary foreign teachers who are "lost souls" and teach here for pennies. If they enjoy it, and dont wanna get better at their job, then thats their choice. They deserve what they get, dont you think?

I wasn't particularly aiming that at you Creek Boy.

Fact is 5 million is not peanuts to a LOT of people.

Also - job specs and job titles are often made to sound far more important and grand than they in reality are.