The 24 people in the world who are still on 800pix

a) need to join the 00's and get a new display or change the settings

B) will get problems and issues on a LOT of websites

Looks just fine.

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

In addition to the 24 people, there's one runs multiple applications. I realise that makes me a pervert.

Don't shoot me, I'm an anti-communist.

I don't care what kind of communist you are.

BANG

smile

LOL.

I sometimes run more than one IE(or other) window - especially if I have an IM going on at the same time, or I am transfering data from one window to another. But if the info doesn't fit it doesn't annoy me - and if it does ...I just maximise it.

The amount of white space sorta depends on a couple of things - the number of people listed (the more there are, the more space they take up - Duh!) and the amount of space available for the rest of the stuff.

Like now, with the list at ...

Quote:
Who's Online

7 Registered (JA, Journey Man, kokodoko, KRUSTY, Mantas, MissElegant, tsondaboy), 57 visible guests and 15 others.

Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod

There's plenty of room.

On that, who are the "others"? not 'visible guests' and not 'registered'. Does that make them "invisible guests"? Indexing crawlers/bots? what, does anyone know (and does anyone care?)

Personally I dont look at anything in the sidebar or top menu. I just look at the forum. The top posters is closest thing to being interesting there for me.

From a business point of view I totally understand and agree with having the big links to the main site scattered around (header, side and footer!) though.

• SnowJapan Admin

smile

Here's the thinking, for those interested:

The top links are basically the main sections of the site.

The right links that are there now are a few more different links of interest that didn't fit on the top.

The bottom links are out of the way and that's where we put more detailed links - they are easier to ignore but still there when people want them.

As yoroshiku onegai shimasu pointed out, none of them are to outside sites or paid advertising.

As is often the case, we will be changing and adapting as necessary over time. I'm sure when October or November rolls round it might look different again.

Humm. I have my desktop just the way I want it, thanks very much wink The icons are actually organised, so it is much more efficient than using menus.

Curious the way some threads grow legs. I thought this one would die an early death.

Originally Posted By: SJForums
We have a few things included in that grouping, and it helps us understand things more. Does that explain it? wink

OK, that'll do! groovy

The links on the page are good and better than before I think using the image instead of text which bunched up on my smaller screen at home.

Good to keep the detailed ones at the bottom out of the way but there as you said.

Doesn't EVERYONE use the cmd at least once a week?? I know I do, way easier to rename bulk files that way than using any windoze methods.

ipconfig is a dos utility that shows the internet protocol configuration of the machine.

I thought everyone knew that grandpa