What gets a person who seems to have so much success so utterly screwed up?

She seems to get lots of accolads about her music. Personally it annoys me no end, I hate that kind of thing. But you know taste and all.

But, what a total mess.

She does seem to be a big mess. Have you seen photos of her from 5 years ago when she looked something normal?

The music is far away from my taste as well I don't really get why she seems to be so popular.

If I never hear her voice or see her rather bizarre face again I will be happy.

For those of you who don't know how annoying she is:

Beats me why she is so popular.

She's completely bonkers, but I love her music. This episode from last year made me laugh and I still chuckle about it from time to time.

At Birmingham's National Indoor Arena on Wednesday night hundreds of usually loyal fans booed and jeered as the tortured singer delivered a shambolic and apparently drunken performance.

Arriving on stage almost an hour late, the soul diva dropped her microphone, slurred her lyrics, stumbled into a guitar stand, repeatedly came close to tears, and devoted several songs to her troubled husband, prompting a mass walkout.

After a slow and slurry start to her performance at Wedneaday's concert, she responded to boos from the audience by saying: "Let me tell you something. First of all, if you're booing you're a mug for buying a ticket. Second, to all those booing, just wait till my husband gets out of incarceration. And I mean that."

who's her husband?

She's an idiot, belongs in the same bin as Pete Docherty. No sympathy for them I'm afraid. Not heard much of her music but what I have heard I like, she has a great voice

She's not a bad singer, but not very good either. Britain's answer to Macy Gray perhaps. I'll stick with Erykah Badu.

Loads of musicians have always liked their substances. Even music you may not associate with drugs. A lot of the cool jazz they play in expensive hotel bars was made by heroin addicts (who wore nice suits) or, in the case of Miles Davis, a reformed heroin addict about to become a serious cokehead. I didn't think we were supposed to be shocked by it any more.

She's still got a way to go to match Syd Barrett though. That's when you sit on stage and play one note all gig.