What were you doing when 9/11 happened?

I was totally replacing the whole floor of a 2nd floor flat, had all the joists out and everything from the whole house. Usually the woman downstairs from us would bring us a cuppa tea around 2pm when she knocked a little earlier, not that long after lunch, I went down and she said that something bad had happened in NY, a plane hit the WTC. We thought it was just an accident and thought nothing of it until she shouted us down again saying another had hit, went down and watched it on the news, couldn't believe it. It was an absolutely beautiful day, the house was down on the river front and it was HOT

I think I had been up all night working on a project deadline, and just before trying to get an hour or two of sleep before heading over to the publishers, I turned on the TV and caught the news of the first plane on CNN.

Didn't sleep after that.

I was 15 minutes away from my entering my office - in the World Trade Center. It was my 2nd week of one year working in an office over there. I am very glad that I was starting a little later than usual that day. I personally know about 20 people who died that day.

:(

I was just waking up in my hotel after an evening flight out of New York. I even made a picture of the twin towers flying passed them on my way south. Actually I was supposed to fly on the 11th but I had to reschedule due to a last minute planned meeting (that was cancelled due to the events on 9/11)

Yeah, it was a crazy sight in London that day, offices and roads were jammed up with nowhere to go at all. Remember getting a phone call from my parents to get home as quick as I could to be safe. Scary to think about how that was 7 years ago now.