After summer I'm going to be in the market for a new snowboard. I am just so un-knowing and so from now on I am going to asking friends and doing some reading up.

My question is - people on here do you have any preference for any brand, and if so any particular reason?

Thanks!

Then pretty much all comapnies make 'normal' boards. If you don't need anything specific, then almost any companies' freeride model will do you fine.

Just make sure you don't pay too much for a name.

My preferences are Santa Cruz or Lib Technologies. In my opinion, they use salient technology in their boards and not advertising hype gimmickry. One thing in particular that I like is the metal edges are only at the board contact edges and do not extend around the tip and tail where it is really not needed.

IMHO - there's not a huge amount of different between two mid price snowboards...

Probably more important just to get one that suits you (ie correct flex, sidecut, size etc) - and the brand should be a secondary consideration.

Saying that- my Option board has lasted over 5 years - so I can vouch for their robustness.

Anyone ride a K2 board? I bought K2 boots last year and really like em and have been eyeing up the K2 "Flow-esque" binding (can't remember the actual name for em) and was also thinking that maybe they'd all go well together with a K2 board. Any thoughts?

I have some Kissmark stuff, but haven't tried one of their boards.

A friend of mine had a mid-level K2 board. It was fine, but no better or worse than anything else in that price range, save for another friend's Sims, which lost it's stiffness after only one season.

I've used Palmer Centric (discontinued) for this season, as I got it for super cheap during last summer. I won't be buying another Palmer board as the top sheet of Centric got beat quite easily.

I'll be buying Never Summer or Lib Tech next year, but morelikely Never Summer, since they have 3 yr warranty on their boards.

me thinking the same aomori. i rode the same board and wore the same ewok costume for the past few years. im no gear whore but i guess i need to move on to some new board. mm, doesn't have to be new in fact, used would be enough. my pink sessions gloves are ripped apart (stitched up but ripped again..) so gloves are on my shopping list as well.