Just bot a new board. It's been 19 years after all. Can give myself a little treat. Still a Burton.. Wonder how these modern boards compare with the good old relics in terms of riding. Might have an adjustment period, learning all over again.

i bought quite alot this season, but alot of it was because im living in canada now so wanted to get a new jacket, layers, hat etc. i also bought new bindings. but it really is alot cheaper over here than im used to. and there was a mega expo selling discounted stuff. could pose to be quite a problem for the next few years \:D

Quote:
Originally posted by Fattwins:
Yeah but the 15% tax is a killer. The ski show is good lots of last years gear. But the damm tax is 15% I hated that.
some places were selling stuff tax free this year (i guess at the expensive of heavily discounting it)

alot of the clothing was hugely discounted, alot of stuff 70% off.

the tax is a royal pain in the ass for most stuff though. especially at restaurants where you pay 15% and then the same in tips.

I buy new gear when I need it, which is usually about every year to year and a half. If you tear up your gear bad enough in one season you can usually get a warranty replacement. I am actually rockin my board from last year though this year. Pants/Jacket can last 2 or 3 no problem.

Or then again some times a deal is just too good to pass up.

ive never seen 70% off back home unless Im at the ski show or in the back room of the shop looking for deals that they cant sell up front.

Sounds like there is competion in the area to discount that much.

PS good work on swinging the deals.

Thats a darn good buy fatty.

I'll have to get in contact with OU.

Colour - prolly something darkish, gray maybe, but I'm not overly concerned. I want something thats a bit on the baggy side. I like room to move. My current pants have a tear in them from an encounter with a tree this season.

I'm not sure about buying gear from a non snow company. It just seems odd to me.

• 2 weeks later...

I bought a pair of ski pants today!

I reseached curving skis, too but the shop guy said I need better one. I wanted to buy good deal and cheap skis... I need more reseach and will buy old model racing skis. That should be enough for me! \:\)