I know where you are yos, I am always battling the urge to eat lots of yummy food and not putting on too much weight. I usually end up going up and down, though not extreme - usually before summer too when I am trying to cut down before visiting family etc. Like now. I don't starve myselt either but I know that I'm useless at it if I don't put a good effort in. Half -hearted doesn't work.

I go jogging 4 times a week which is my big exercise thing.

Not doing so bad, though sometimes I just want to pig out.

• Replies 205
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

which gets me thinking

starters: carrot pumpkin salad

mains: salmon sashimi and salmon sushi with salmon head soup

dessert: orange soufle, mango pudding.

all the same colour.

YOS...try eating a small protein snack every 3 hours.

Obviously a boiled egg, small tin of tuna, bit of grilled chicken etc is preferable, but there are some pretty reasonable low carb high protein bars out there that taste like a chocolate bar - ticks off two things for you...keeps your protein intake high enough to keep burning calories, and gives you a choco fix.

I have a preference for the Atkins brand ones - they taste nicer than the others - but I don't use them regularly.

CONGRATS on the losses!!

Tried doing this myself - went down from 100kgs to 95kgs in the space of two months - nothing more than about a lb a week maybe 1.5lbs - using meat and veg tactic - but trouble is I love food too much and am much happier at a higher weight - but even now people say I carry the weight very well and most people never guess am 97kgs now.

Meat is amazing for snacks - especially lean trimmed lamb cutlets done in the lean mean grilling machine - YUM! I also really like cutting a skinless chicken breast into a few pieces - marinating in Nando's Medium Peri-Peri Sauce and grilling, packs a flavour punch for a few snacks through the day - especially if you use some of the hot sauce mixed with whole egg mayo as a dip for the chicky piece.

However when there is need of a chocolate fix - the Atkins protein bars are a good solution, better than eating real chocolate. And I think they are branded Atkins because they are the offical Atkins Diet approved company...there are lots of choices, and the carbs are lower than those in the body builders range (carbs too high most of the time), however you have got to watch the fat content - Atkins can be way naughty on thier fat content.

There are also pretty decent protein cookies from the Protein Bakery NZ - google them to have a look. I got lucky and found some at a local chemist, but they have a very long use by date - so I would imagine you could internet order a box safely.

Meat is awesome, but it can get tiresome 6+ times a day. And there is the convenience factor. I had kids rugby today, so a protein cookie in my bag made all the difference - no need to buy a greasy sausage in a bun, or Mars Bar. Not as good for me as a bit of lamb - but better than the snagger!

Originally Posted By: RobBright
Tried doing this myself - went down from 100kgs to 95kgs in the space of two months - nothing more than about a lb a week maybe 1.5lbs - using meat and veg tactic - but trouble is I love food too much and am much happier at a higher weight - but even now people say I carry the weight very well and most people never guess am 97kgs now.

Rob - the trick is to make it sustainable.

Mon - Fri stick to the meat and veg, and 3 protein snacks to ensure you don't go more than 3 waking hours without protein.
Saturday do whatever you like. Party on. Sink some beers. Have the carbs.
Sunday strip back to protein only, every 3 hours. That will rid you of the carbs from Saturday.

Include things like the protein bars, and cookies - be creative - then you wont get bored.

YOS,

Do you mind sharing which one it is?

I have been slowly working my way through them as I find them, mainly for my 11 yr old son - he struggles, so I am trying to amp up his metabolism as well, and you know kids - they like to have cookies, museli bars, and chocolate bars in thier school lunch box!

So far the best museli bars I have found are the Atkins Morning Shine Choc Chip breakfast bars - soy flakes instead of oats mainly, and quite yummy.

don't cut out snacking per se, just change the snacks you eat. Get rid of the chocolate, biscuits and crisps and use the carrots, cabbage, edamame, unsalted nuts and fruit as a substitute. Up your exercise and the weight should naturally fall off.

MB- Make the museli bars yourself, then you know exactly what is going intp them. Its very easy to make museli/granola style bars and not that expensive either