Who lives in the remotest / smallest place?

Tsonda, I must have missed that TR will check. Yeah I was researching at the Turtle Center there, did you visit? Were you studying there as well or just travel? Did you visit the Izakaya there called Yanky Town, it is right infornt of my house. If you didn't and you have chance next time try and get over to Haha Jima and Muko Jima too.

The ferry there is a killer isn`t it!

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Tsonda, just read it now...natsukashii!!! Few of those beaches I have been sat on many a night waiting for the buggers to lug themselves up and lay eggs. Top stuff, recommend anyone to visit. Tsonda next time you go give me a heads up as may well be down there as well.

The ferry was not problem, its a MAST actually. In Greece we have a saying that, if you didn't get on a ferry for more than 8 hours you didn't have summer vacations (thats because all the great islands are more than 8 hours from Athens). So basically I chose that place because it would give me the chance to travel by sea. I really prefer it to getting on a plane.

I didn't go to Yanky town and hardly stayed up later than 22:00. Everyday we had an early start and stayed all day in the sea. It was great, hadn't done that for quite a few years. Hahajima is also on the things to do list, will let you know for sure next time I am going down there.

no, got to fly from Kagoshima. actually that is a bit of an issue among the tourist industry here. a group of people are working hard to get a direct flight from Tokyo, but the airlines are arguing that the island need a bigger tourist attraction, which some one is working on now. another group of locals are working against that, so we have our own little civil war here, very entertaining smile

you can also take the ferry from kagoshima for only 5000 yen, but the transport from the airport to the sea port is rather long, my wife mentioned 1 hr...

I think spook would be in one of the most remote places at the moment. He's on a small island off the coast of Sumartra helping to set up a surf camp. Basically they are setting up their own infrastructure such as water, power, sewer, ect.

That sounds cool Mantas. thumbsup

Tp, thats what I thought. Ferry ride from kagoshima sounds nice. Any idea how much is that? If me and tsondagirl were to come down there, would you recommend July or August?

Also, is there any kind of connection from tanegashima to yakushima?

Tsonda (what's with the avatar??)

Toppy from kagoshima is 5200 round trip takes 1.5 hr there is also a sloow (3.5 hr) ferry but i don't know the price.

Rainy Season ends a little earlier here, som mid july might be ok, but you know that the weather is a tricky one to predict.

I hear August is very hot, but that is the same all over japan.

The Toppy ferry also sails to yakushima and we have another ferry down here too, it leaves from Shimama i think it is very cheap, i'll ask my friend tonight how much it cost. Yakushima is high on my list of places i want to go to, make sure you bring rain gear though smile legend says it rains every day somewhere on yakushima

Good to see you here Thunderpants thumbsup

I prefer my drinks from the bottle as God intended, not mixed.

In the summer, red wine should come lightly chilled. Enough to cool the person, but not so cold as to kill the flavour wink

I'm not that remote but my friend lives in Mie ken in a place that has just 15 houses and no shops. It's a 20 minute drive to the nearest town and even that is small.

I live in a valley about 6km from the town of Cootamundra in country NSW, there are about 10 homes between my 2.5 hectare property and the main road that is 2.6 km from here.

Very reclusive living, I love it.

Originally Posted By: elswit
I live in a fairly remote part of New Zealand. (aren't they all?)

smile

Yeah, it depends on your definition of remote.
By Japanese or European standards, I live in a remote locale. By Australian or NZ standards, no, not really.
  • 1 month later...

After 8 days of continuous playing, I just made it back in Tokyo and dropped down in bed with 38.5 fever. ashamed

Its soo hard having fun!!! party

Thunderpants and wife, thx thx thx thx thx for the really good vibes and time we spend this past week. cheers

I will send you the pics we took when I get a bit better.

Your wife did a sick drop in when we were riding in Yakuzu. party worship party worship party

Tsonda is Back online!Hi thete.

Thank you too for a very nice time. i will name a drink after you smile

your food is going on the menu as soon as i can get myself together to print a new menu.

Yesterday we had to turn guests down at the door. we had the place filled up.

Life is good here. KEEP SURFING Tsonda

I didnt live there, but I went hiking on Rebun island off the north west coast of Hokkaido a couple of years ago. There were a couple of Gaijin English teachers there. Only way there is via ferry from Wakanai. God help if you want to go on holidays somewhere!