Who lives in the remotest / smallest place?

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Originally Posted By: tsondaboy
Tanegashima, a very small island southern of Kyushu, which is also one of the most beautiful places in Japan.

also occasionally the noisiest ( the JAXA rocket launching pad is down there)
my wife's friend and her family moved there ( we moved into their empty apartment at mates rates thumbsup
They love it there, they are both surfers and can live the life style they want.

I'd say a JET teacher would be the best candidate for this title, some of them get sent out to bumf**k nowhere, where they are only gaijin for hours.
Originally Posted By: SG
my wife's friend and her family moved there ( we moved into their empty apartment at mates rates thumbsup
They love it there, they are both surfers and can live the life style they want.

Sounds like Thunderpants and his wife. razz

Hi there smile

still lurking. Tanegashima is a very small place, we live in minamitane, a small town here, everybody knows your name

(which is a bit scary sometime). we are 5 gaijin in this town 2 ALT's one Scottish surfer boy and one Philippine woman who married a farmer. and me.

we have no money, we pay 5000 yen in rent for our house, have our own business which make (almost)no money, but we surf nice waves in stunning beautiful water with dolphins and turtles crowds are non existing, we don't even have a lock at our house... no McDonalds, no movie theater, i could go on, i still miss the snow, but i don't think i will go back... this is good.

btw check my friend's photos on flickr

he is very good at capturing life down here

PS Tsonda genki?

im shaking cocktails for the surfers and Jaxa crew in my ultra small bar, good fun! you can even find a picture of me in page 2 on that flickr link above.

why don't you come down here and surf, i've got the boards and you don't have to battle chiba or shonan crowds. this place is nice!

by all means COME i'm serving 3 kind of Absinthe, danish beer and loads of other exotic alcohol, you will be pleased.

the above link is NOT my photos, all credit goes to Jonathan an english ALT who don't want to leave this island.

Sorry, I noticed that its not your picks later. razz

The picks with the surfs and the launch pads in the background remind me of the FREEDOM6 anime. thumbsup

I am stoked about coming down there this summer now.

I live in a small coastal town with about 200 houses. It's a natural harbour that fisherman use to launch their boats from the beach. It's surrounded by national parks on 2 sides and the ocean. we sometimes get koalas, possums, snakes, goanas and even wallabies wondering around the place. There are other similar sized town around the area and a small city 60km south of us. (home to Kokdoko).

Originally Posted By: Thunderpants
beats tokyo in the summer

Anything beats Tokyo in the summer dude. lol

I ll contact you soon because your friend convinced me where I wanna spend my summer holls this year. razz

Def not in the competition with thunderpants.wink

My place is 19km from a reasonably large rural city. However, the locality has a church, a hall and one house, the nearest house to mine is 100m away, after that you're looking at 1Km+.

I used to live and now spend a lot of time in a VERY remote place, it is infact 25 hours from mainland Japan and only accesible by boat not airplane (yet still considered part of Tokyo!! Go figure!). It is called Ogasawara, or for some Americans the Bonin Islands.

Amazing group of islands, which some call the Galapagos of Asia on account of the amount of endemic species there. There are a few photos on my profile on Sj somewhere.

minami.jpg

I was in Chichijima last summer farquah, there is a TR about is somewere in the forums.

Great place, I wanna go back again sometime. Were you there working at the sea turtles conservation center?