Last night I was just about to turn the light off in my bedroom when I heard a slight noise. Looked across the room to see a huge cockroach scurrying across the floor. It had gone under some furniture and there was no way I could catch it.

I could hardly sleep.

:(

Don't the Thai's use bugs for food?

We have mice. Lots of them. We have squillions of traps, bait stations and still they come...

One, we call him Russell, loves plastic bags, esp if there is bread inside. He torments one of my flatmates nightly by exploring all the plastic bags in his room.

it's a trap. it's a little cardboard box that looks like a house, with windows. there's the lure in the middle and the floors are sticky. so the cockroaches sneak in and get stuck. they then take a while to die. so you can check on them everyday and see who's 'staying' at the hotel. lol

Originally Posted By: Kumapix
it's a trap. it's a little cardboard box that looks like a house, with windows. there's the lure in the middle and the floors are sticky. so the cockroaches sneak in and get stuck. they then take a while to die. so you can check on them everyday and see who's 'staying' at the hotel. lol

Hmmm, I wonder if something like that would work for mice... Not sure about glue traps for mice tho, a bit cruel methinks.
Originally Posted By: rachael
My apartment is clean. Well I think (or thought) it was!

It's certainly not dirty.

eyes

Probably your neighbors' apartments aren't as clean! The little creatures will sneak through the smallest openings in the walls.
Originally Posted By: Mr Wiggles
Throw really hot water on them and they die instantly.

Carburetor cleaner spray works really good too - it'll even make them drop dead out of the air if they happen to be flying around menacingly. Automotive brake parts cleaner doesn't work as well. Be careful not to spray your friends, family, or household pets and plants.

Hope the traps get them!

BTW, it probably isn't a really good idea to be spraying carb cleaner all over inside you apato, but it is one of the few things I have ever seen that makes cockroaches immediately stop and cease to function entirely.

I never noticed them coming apart at the seams or anything, since it is usually a quick, "spray, grab with tissue, toss in trash". I wouldn't doubt it though - when a product has the warning, "direct contact may cause defatting of the tissues" as a warning, you just have to look out!

Hate the things, one of the only insects I just don't like. Something not quite right about a living thing that stays alive without its head. I have just moved to a nearly brand new apartment on 7th floor so I am hoping it won't be too bad this year. Had one land on my head last year and fall down my shirt!