• Replies 244
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You know it. Then we went to Niseko, and how disappointed were we? Noz is a great little Japanese town, which happens to have a ski resort above it, Niseko is a tourist trap. "The Kuta Beach of ski resorts", as someone said in these forums a couple of years back (I forget who, but the analogy is spot on). Wall to wall gaijin, hardly any hint of local culture. I'm surprised that anyone who has Niseko as their first resort ever goes back.

keba,

As you say - each to his own - but Niseko is an awesome place for families. Particularly western families where kids might be fussier eaters.

If you compare Niseko to any of the resorts in Aus and it is no wonder the hoardes keep coming back. I would go back in a heartbeat. But I am also keen to try a few other j-ski-jo's now that we have been eased into the experience.

We are not all hardcore ya know... And some of us travel with short fussy grumpy inconvenient people!

I can't believe how easy it is to set off a Niseko vs. Anywhere but Niseko stoush...

I apologise for any offence, but JM, for me, it's not ALL about the powder.

Mamabear, I now have two little ones who ripen to ski-school age in a couple of years, and I bet our next family trip will be to Niseko, for all the reasons you say.