Happy: Yuzawa Park is in....(wait for it) Yuzawa! It's a small area directly across from Iwappara, not a lot of vertical, but actually kind of neat variations for a hill that small.

• Replies 244
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

First one I checked out was Sugadaira... mainly because thats where a Japanese friends parents were. Decent place, though not enough of a challenge for me. Good for the kids though and if you're learning. Good area to explore too.

• 2 weeks later...

First place i went was yeti ski park on the slopes of mount fuji. Its really bad and crowded, but it was frikking awesome fun for me as i fell on my ass all the way down the hill. By the end of the day i was down to about 6 or 7 catastrophic wipes per run smile

The first real place i went was togari. I remember looking up the hill and saying to my friends "by the end of the weekend we'll be able to do that run" only to realise it was a green run and possibly the easiest run there. Ah, good times!

The bus journey back to hamamatsu sucked though smile

Actually, the first ski resort in Japan I went to was Niseko. And it's the only ski resort in Japan that I will ever need to go to.

Some people won't be able to understand that. That's 'cos they can't spell.

Rather sad to relate, but I can't actually remember - I think it was either Kusatsu or one of the Yuzawa resorts, by road trip in February 1996. I was in a car tagging along with colleagues and just went with the flow.

We ended the day in a ryokan in Yuzawa, had a massive shochu-fuelled piss-up and went to a strip show, and then cured our hangovers in the rotenburo the next morning. Some memories are vivid, even though the names escape me.