• Replies 244
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The Niseko United Ski Areas (Annupuri, Higashiyama, Hirafu, Hanazono) are certainly NOT in the "Top 10 Snowiest Ski Resort in the World" list.

But how can they be, when the management reports that it received less than 10m snowfall between opening and closing days.

The Niseko United Resort Management promotes an average annual snowfall of 14m.

So by my reckoning, that's over 4m less than average or about 70% of average.

I and many others were told that the winter of 2006/07 was the worst in almost 2 generations.

How come there's no song and dance about this year's figures?

1. Maybe almost 10m is enough.

2. They haven't got a clue.

I'll let you decide.

it's prob

2. They haven't got a clue.

It is bull and that is precisely why it will work. It's a stroke of marketing genius, and so obvious, lying.

It will bring new visitors for sure.

Its nothing new advertorials are all over the place. Experienced people can see through it. This doesnt just happen in snow sports either.

2nd snowiest resort on the planet is still a bit hard to swallow.

As we sit here and argue, Mammoth got another 2 feet and it is late May. If you want a snowy resort go to Alyeska (the actual snowiest on earth, helped by a loooong season). Both for terrain and snow no resort in Japan can compare to it and it is at the tamest end of the Chugach with miles of heli and BC right up the Thompson pass. Working in the oil inudstry pays more than almost anything I can think of and permits lots of time off to ski. Plus, the best strip club in the world is in Anchorage (I kid you not, I think it is called The Great Alaskan Bush Company, there is also a ladies night that Billy Poole and I stumbled in on and were almost flung on stage but that is another story) so you can't fault the night life. Ahh, Alaska, where you can never be too drunk or too fat (to quote homer simpson).

Originally Posted By: Fattwins
Good question but considering That an advertorial is being used to state the facts I thought I throw out that comment.

Getou gets more snow than Niseko, as does Hakkoda, Cortina ranks there
what about Charmont hiuchi? Worlds second snowiest that pays the most advertising.

true, Niseko isnt even in the top 20 for snowiest resorts in Japan...or top 15...or was it 30? something like that.

I wonder what % of the "first resort in Japan" response would be a Hokkaido resort for people here in HK. Must be very high. Would be interesting to see how it changes as well..