Hi Guys,

I just wondered if anyone had sent a snowboard overseas. Im looking to send mine to NZ and wondered which method was the cheapest. I dont care about how long it takes as i have snowboards at home.

Cheers

Matt

post office would prolly be your best bet, cheapest thats for sure. UPS/DHC (?) are much, much more expensive though very quick. Since you have time go with the former. I have had skis shipped here using US post office and UPS, had problems with neither.

posot office only do up to 160cms so if your stick is shorter than that then you aer in luck - even one cm over they will not send - I know this from experience- unless they have changed the rules in the last year or so - pls let us know how you get on -

boardbaka,

yeah i havent spoken to JP Post yet. I posted this thread after looking at a couple of the post calculators, both JP Post and courier services. JP Post was the cheapest but seemed to have a 150cm limit. However i didnt look at it closely and the calculator did say it was for small boxes. I just wondered if they had a special service for snow gear. Im sure you must be able to post something longer than 150cm. Knowing what to ask for would speed it up for me because out in the inaka they like to chooto a bit.

Anyway after the box im thinking my board will come in around 170. I will post a reply of how i get my board home.

Cheers

Matt