Face tattoo! It's what cool people do!!

Originally Posted By: panhead_pete
fishcropped.jpg

dragoncropped.jpg

They are somewhat addictive....

Is that you pete?
Mad! Ace! Cool! Nutter! (Delete as you wish)
None on your face? Everyone has arm and chest tattoos these days. You need a face one to "express your individualism".
Go on, dare ya!
wink
  • Replies 343
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Well what was wrong with hers was that she was born with a genetic skin disorder that caused her skin to thicken, blister and scar....she found that tattoos stopped this from happening and so tattooed

Yeah just got it done a couple weeks ago mate when in Bali. Started getting them in '92, well before the latest craze started and before I started collecting more conventional visual arts like paintings, photos and sculptures. Each their own but cant see the appeal of getting a big tribal piece unless you are polynesian or have an attchement to the islands although that seems to be dying off and now its stars and full sleeves just for the sake of having them. All good though if that's what folks want. Like any art appreciation its all art and "good art" is what YOU like.

Sorry to dissapoint ya mate but wont be getting any that cant get hidden with a long sleeve shirt but a great idea all the same but I think its a great idea for you, LOL. Both sides of this new one will ultimately go over my back but thats for next time in Bali.

Unlike some folks all mine have a meaning to me. I have Balinese phrases on my forearms that represent my outlook on life and the locals love it too smile Tatt's that remember a murdered cousin and best mate shot dead by the cops, also my past dogs, one that represents how lucky I am (In a good way) plus several others including my last hot rod. No girls names unless I have a daughter. smile

Anyone who tells ya they dont hurt is full of it, especially up near bone. Luckily the one in the pics was only 4 hours. DVDs in the lap top ("The Wire" this time) or a great book is the only way I get through it but Im soft as silk. LOL.

Originally Posted By: panhead_pete
Yeah just got it done a couple weeks ago. Started getting them in '92, well before the latest craze started........Sorry to dissapoint ya mate but wont be getting any that cant get hidden with a long sleeve shirt though.

You big wuss.

Quote:
All mine have a meaning to me. I have Balinese phrases on my forearms that represent my outlook on life

I'm thinking of having a big meat and potato pie done on my forehead.
Represents my outlook on life.
And I'm not afraid to show people!!!

grandpa

I don't know gg.

I have been carefully planning and designing this for over 10 years now.

I'm totally not interested in other people seeing it - it's just for me - but seeing as though our cake holes are on our head, it's unavoidable I suppose. Actually, if I go outside, I might just wrap a towel around my head so people can't. Or not, because I'm proud of it. Or will be. But it's for me, not some kind of cool thing.

Of course it has to have deep meaning to me, reflect my life values..... and all that other bollocks of course.

wink

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Now I like to have a good laugh at silly tattoos (especially ones of bacon and egg on bonces), but it's all in good fun.

Here's the Daily Mail going all frothy over it in classicly hilarious DM style.

And the responses are also very funny, if not wholly predictable (on both 'sides'). "That huge blade-like thing on my arm really tell me a lot about my life..."

lol

(reprinted with permission from my dad's uncle, maybe)

----

Tattoo vulgar for words: Never mind footballers. Why do ALL our sports stars suddenly feel the need to adorn themselves with tattoos?

Once upon a time, the things you needed to be a ­respected Test Match cricketer were ­exceptional hand-eye co-ordination, a modest respect for the rules of the game and an ­understanding of the elusive ­‘spirit of cricket’.

What you need nowadays is tattoos — and plenty of them.

As the main picture shows, ­Mitchell Johnson, the Australian fast bowler who’s vowed to skittle the Poms in the Ashes series that starts tomorrow, has the whole of his right arm covered in what might be a dragon — although to my eyes it could be almost a­nything — and across the left of his torso is a large, unfriendly-looking cat.

We should not sneer at what some might ­dismiss as Aussie vulgarity, however, for there are plenty of British sportsmen and women who have chosen to adorn their bodies with tattoos in a fashion only sailors would have done 60 years ago.

And before you say to yourself that of course the likes of David Beckham have lots of ‘body art,’ be assured that I’m not talking about footballers at all.

England’s former cricket ­captain Andrew Flintoff not only has the Three Lions tattooed on one ­shoulder, but on the other he has the names of his wife and children.

Flintoff was a wonderful player at his best and we were exhilarated by the way he helped England win the Ashes in 2005. And yet, I think of him taking wickets that summer.

Every time he punched the air, screamed and grimaced, his face crazily ­contorted in a way that would have had him arrested on London’s Oxford Street. It was behaviour that goes alongside tattoos.

His former team-mate Kevin ­Pietersen also has the Three Lions. Patriotic, perhaps. But classy? I don’t think so.

Sadly, it’s not just cricket which is becoming infected with tattoos.

A raft of men — and women — who excel in a range of sports are ­choosing to adorn themselves with them: Olympians, swimmers, ­archers, cyclists, rugby players — the list goes on.

And what’s interesting is that these are all what you might describe as ‘middle-class sports’. So why is it happening?

This disease has spread through sport largely because many ­disciplines in recent years have done everything they can to emulate football — a game that is the distilled expression of everything that’s most vile and loathsome about life today.

But then sport expresses the spirit of a society as a whole. If modern sportsmen and women are proud to wear tattoos, then that’s simply a reflection of the ­brutalised, ­vulgarised society we are now obliged to live in.

For some years now it has been a trend for young women to ­tattoo their bodies (although quite how they will feel about this fad when they are in their 50s or 60s remains to be seen).

We live in an age when celebrities such as Cheryl Cole and Peaches ­Geldof have extensive permanent designs sprawling across their bodies.

When images such as these form the backdrop to our nation’s life, ­perhaps we should be ­saddened — but not ­surprised — so many eminent sporting stars are following suit.

Last week at Twickenham, the ­England rugby player Matt Banahan ­displayed the extensive and gaudy tattoos which run from his neck right down to his wrists in the style of Beckham, although at least ­Banahan has a patriotic excuse for his tattoo and is not covered with women or animals.

Growing up in Jersey, Banahan heard much about the grim wartime years when the Channel Islands were occupied by the Nazis. The ­tattoo on his chest is of a Spitfire, one of the famous fighter planes of World War II.

Even so, a rugby player covered in tattoos is too much a reminder of the ‘footballisation’ of all other sports, which have ­deliberately ­chosen to emulate a game run by crooks and gangsters and played by cheats and rapists.

Why should the prevailing ethos of football be admired by anyone who plays or loves games which still retain some tincture of sportsmanship or human decency?

Part of the explanation is that all these other sports are now professional, which means their stars are now more high-profile than ever and so perhaps see themselves as ­celebrities in their own right.

If a tattoo is good enough for Cheryl Cole, they must think, it’s good enough for me.

Mind you, we may yet be able to see the funny side.

In England this ­summer, Mitchell Johnson, yes he of the big cat, had to cry off the one-day series of matches because of an elbow infection... thought to have been caused by his tattooing.

• 2 months later...

Check this out

Quote:
The Liverpool and Denmark centre back, who scored the opening goal on Wednesday night, showed off his huge tattoo which depicts a Viking graveyard in the middle of his back

A viking graveyard!? WFT!

article-0-0D1C024B000005DC-271_634x937.j

Originally Posted By: scouser
What does that kanji mean near his shoulder blades?

Tiger, innit? (Plus mirror image on the right shoulder.)

How about the romaji in the middle, above the "1984"?
"Death is certain, when is uncertain", perhaps?