I've come to rely on this place for information....

Does anybody know any hotels in Tokyo that have family rooms or quad rooms? We are looking to stay around Shinjuku, but are open to other areas. We just want to pay for one room, rather than 2 Twins.

We stayed at the Royal Park in February, which was nice, but I don't think they have family rooms.

Your help would be muchly apprectiated as always \:\)

Sven

We struggled with that Sven, could only find rooms that will add one foldabed for a total of 3 people.

Let us all know if you find somewhere because that does make a big difference to families with kids.

Try Ueno, Sciclone, 2 stops from central Tokyo, and there is a 7 storey toy store (Yamashiroya) right @ the train station entrance =)

Also a fantastic marketplace, with rows of stores, and lots of eateries.

good luck!

• 4 weeks later...

We did the whole Tokyo Disney thing 2 years ago, and have family doing it this year - and - If you are happy to be out at the Bay (near Disney - funny that!) The Disney Partner hotels are hard to beat. Last time I looked they were like 15,000 JPY nite for a family room - Queen + 2 singles with own bathroom and tea and coffee, small fridge etc. Very typical midrange western motel room. Palm Court was the one we stayed at - and if you are doing the Disney thing they are excellent with free shuttle to the Parks (and train)

Seeing that you are from Brisbane too, I would be happy to exchange tips etc about what is becoming our annual trip to Japan.

Thanks for the offer MB.

It's always good to have someone elses experiences as well as your own to draw on.

I think Urayasu is a little too far out for what we want. All of the people coming are over 15, so the majikaru kingudom doesn't really hold much appeal. I will keep it in mind though. What better place for family rooms than a family theme park.

Has anyone had any experience with the Shinjuku Prince hotel? It should be fairly midrange, being a Prince hotel, but I've read good and bad experiences about it.

(PS. MB, if you want to know where some shops are around Harajuku, things like the Snoopy store, Kiddyland and stuff, let me know.)

i just know some hotels in shinjuku, such as Hilton, Keio plaza, Park Hyatt, prince hotel etc..., but never stayed.

i think Keio plaza has luxury four room family room.

this hotel also has english site, but i cannot find this room in English site. it said "luxuary forth(?) room"

good luck!!

• 3 weeks later...

Sciclone

We are also a family of four with boys aged 16 and 18. We are returning to the Mercure Ginza for 2 nights in Jan. Through our Accor membership (using a 1 night free upgraded to superior rooms) we have booked a superior queen room with interconnecting superior twin room for 2 nights for 48050Y.

We stayed there for one night last year and found it to be great.

Japanese tend to charge per person rather than per room so if cost is the reason for wanting one room, it might be better to go for two twin rooms in a "city hotel". They are somewhere between the "business hotels" which have mostly single rooms and the "luxuary hotels" like the Hilton, Keio etc. You should be able to get reasonable accomodation at 7,000 to 9,000 per person.

The Rakuten Travel website has an English site and is a good place to search hotels.

I used Agoda to search for hotels, they do a fair effort. Can't recall the URL off the top of the head, it's all on the home box, not here at work. If interested, PM and I'll get it for you

• 2 weeks later...

I find using those website's Agoda, Asiarooms etc, it can be quite frustrating as the rooms are not confirmed straight away even though thats when they are paid for. This means you may think you ahve booked accommodation when in fact you have just made an enquiry.

In my experience, the card isn't debited until the room is confirmed. I'd prefer to contact the hotels direct, if I can, but sometimes they don't accept direct bookings.

• SnowJapan Admin

As you probably know, our Places to Stay section is basically an introduction to accommodation (none in Tokyo though), not a booking system.

The contacts on those pages are mostly direct to the hotel (with some being the people taking on the responsibility of English-language bookings on behalf of the accommodation).

Tomorrow will see some fairly major updates to that section of SnowJapan when we will be explaining a bit more about that section.

friend

• 2 months later...

If anyone is looking for a good standard hotel at a decent price, then I recommend the Celestine Hotel, near to JR Tamachi Station (Yamonote Line). I stayed there last night in a very modern hotel, 8,600 yen per person, large double bed, en-suite room with Almost floor to ceiling windows with nice Tokyo view. It has a cool Guest lounge room that is stocked with free soft drinks and newspapers and books for you to chill out in, 2 or 3 restaurants a bar. It's close to Tokyo tower, the surrounding area is kinda business like so is quiet, but near to Tamachi station there is a rabbit warren of little streets with bars and restaurants. I really liked it. I think they have a website

A quick google and it's there! Also available in Japanese.

Knock yerself out! (a bit exe for my tastes - I prefer more down to earth places - stayed at Taito Ryokan last January - very basic, but marvelous experience.)

Never a truer word was said Tubby!

I am NOT looking forward to booking my hotels for end Dec and early Jan in the UK. Last visit ours were booked by the other couple we were travelling with (from the other side of Aus) and they were shite! The accomodations, not the people! LOL

Probably about time for me to use the Google and see what I can find huh? But I have filed away your Tokyo recommendation - sure looks better than where we stayed in Janaury 08!

I was really impressed with it MB, the rooms look as they do on the website, the lobby is very suave, the hotel is quiet and the bar and restaurant looks very upmarket. Easy to find and get around Tokyo, as Mita subway station is practically at the front door and JR Tamachi station on the Yamonote loop is a 10 minute, straightforward walk away

Originally Posted By: panhead_pete
Hey Tubby

I looked at the web site and the prices seem somewhat higher the you paid. Did you book yours via an agency etc?

My apologies for my lack of knowledge but is that the same train line from the airport?

Thanks.

I booked it online, not their official site. Can't remember the site, I just Googled "Hotels in Tokyo" and trawled through the various sites, found that and was pleased.

Its not direct from the airport, but you'd just have to change at Tokyo station (I guess the airport you mean is Narita, right?) and get on the Yamanote train bound for Shinagawa, It shoud be only about 2 or 3 stops from Tokyo
  • 1 month later...

I have to stay for 1 night in tokyo (incomming flight lands @ 18:45 but the out going one leaves at 07:25 the next morning) so I decided to stay at KHAOSAN TOKYO NINJA I ended up paying for a room for myself... so I tell yo how it went