...the frogs are out.

Rice fields last night = quiet.

Rice fields tonight = what sounds like thousands of frogs shouting their heads off

crazyfrog.jpg

Luckily it doesn't sound like this

I HATE THAT F#&%ING FROG!!!!

I know what you mean Muika, the past 2-3 days is the first time I've become aware of the insects and their chirping, I open a window now to let in some cool air and I have to put the TV up bcos of all the buzzing. Another beauty day today, wish I didn't have to work

I missed the Crazy Frog phenom, was it just a British thing? Sounds extremely annoying!!

Originally Posted By: muikabochi

crazyfrog.jpg

strong teeth and 4 toes \:D

My balcony yesterday morning = pigeons' coo coo
My balcony this morning = pigeons' coo coo

im no longer afraid of pigeons.
but still don't agree with them.
 Originally Posted By: slimeypete
lol.gif

Pigeons are great. Don't they get headaches moving their head like that all the time.

*stupid fact time* apparently they move their head like that to give them depth perception in their vision.

Pigeons are dirty, vermin of a bird.

Although wood pigeon does taste pretty nice!!
 Originally Posted By: muikabochi
lol.gif

I must say I agree with a fair amount of what the pigeons think. Not keen on the policies on toilet manners though.

lol.gif yeah, disgusting buggers arent they? Specially round train stations! mad.gif

Pigeons are also the most aerodynamic birds, their flight ability is actually incredible - saw an interesting documentary on them a few years ago.

They move their heads to see better, but if they walk in the dark they dont bob it back-n-forth.

Loved the frogs and insects in my area round this time of year.

The big frogs in the small canal in front of my place used to have a really loud and deep croak and annoyed me at first but then became soothing when going to sleep!

Originally Posted By: slimeypete
Pigeons are great.

i wish i could feel that way..
must admit that i pretend that im no longer afraid of them but i still am (a little..), i hear their coo coo in the morning, i open the door and say "ちょっと、あんたら!" and then shut the door, that's all i could do for now. i think i'll be stronger soon. those flying ones scare me. im afraid of crows the most though.
 Originally Posted By: Creek Boy
They move their heads to see better, but if they walk in the dark they dont bob it back-n-forth.

Interesting - I did not know that!

Pigeons/doves are "rats with wings"!
 Originally Posted By: cal
I actually like the sound of the semi, just not that they mean it is so hot with it.

I have no idea what you mean here??!! lol.gif