I really didn't like Oahu when I was there. If I go back to Hawaii I will hit Maui. Waikiki is just like being in Japan accept I can read the signs. Not that I don't love Japan, but Oahu just didn't do it for me.

Originally Posted By: Mantas
 Originally Posted By: Creek Boy
shoot, just checked the roughwater swim date and its Sept 1st...bummer, havent swum that in years!!

wots that then CB? how far?

its just over 2K mantas right smack dab in the middle of Waikiki. Great swim. Beautiful reefs, turtles, fish, reef sharks, rays, etc...

Loon, yeah, Maui and Kauai blow Oahu away...I lived there for quite some time so its home and thats where friends are so Ill stick to Oahu if I go there to catch up with everybody.

If people are going to visit, fly in and out of Oahu and hit the other islands!!

Sounds sweet CB. I do the occasional (very occasional these days) open water swim. The longest so far is 3.8km.

Waikiki sure didn't do it for me either. Nothing there that i could relate to as a tropical paradise, (as many would call it). The north shore is a different story, loved that place and not just for the waves either.

thats better, this thread has gotten quieter now.

Tsonda, if I was going to Europe I wouldnt head to Holland. But I wanna sit on a beach mate. I have found a decent price to Manila and am thinking Phillipines - swimming, diving, relaxing on beaches. Wanna go to Hawaii but have this feeling deep down that Ill feel disappointed and shoulda gone to a new country.

...came out of a meeting tonight with my other 11th grade teachers and we have to do our Okinawa 下見 at the beginning of August cry.gif going to Okinawa for 4 days will be nice but I dont want them using up my time of from club!! Thats what the end of July is for! Bummer. I just lost 8 days in August - FOCKERS \:\/

lol.gif I could really use that thang m(_ _)m ,SG

Indo, glad I get to go to Okinawa but thought we had discussed late July...guess not. Using 8 days in August practically kills my Philippines trip - guess Hawaii will be the best option now for a few days of R&R.