TR: Mentawai Islands, Indonesia

Most crew I know that have done Krui said it was good but abit soft. Do the ments.

See the pics of the Jnr tow ins?

My bro just sent me some shots of a different location on the same day "near" that comp... mind blowing. (sorry no pics, value ma life)

• Replies 477
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

and the awesome thing about it is that it was a Jnr contest!

They guy who won got Owen Wright's spot because he was over in Euro on the QS. I would have really liked to see how he would have done in those waves.

what's up spook no waves for a month!

I should be in Bali now but daughter just got diagnosed with type 1 Diabetes had to post pone trip please post photos so i know there is light at the end of the tunnel.

Love your work

Depressed West Ozie

Seemore

Yeah, know it but have never surfed it. More a tow spot and when we did time round those parts most people weren't onto the jet ski's. There are so many spots along that coast that it's not funny.

Had a fun little surf last night and this morning.. Anything down your way?

a half dozen more pics from last week....

(i'm the bloke in the orange shirt holding his head after coping a board to the face...)

there's bulk swell up here at the moment and sunday looks like it's going to be massive. fingers crossed for good winds.

570_1_20099891323.jpg

570_2_2009989149.jpg

570_3_20099891428.jpg

570_4_20099891517.jpg

570_5_20099891543.jpg

570_6_2009989168.jpg

I'll be getting a white canvas!

Don't ya like my job? I initially went pink but decided to make her multi.. then Fanning comes out with the same colors!

I have been looking into different boards, you heard anything about the fibreflex stuff?

Originally Posted By: Indo
I
I have been looking into different boards, you heard anything about the fibreflex stuff?

Your asking the wrong bloke indo. I'm still comming to grips with the advent of the tri-fin.

Spook. It looks like the lads are going to South Sumatra (Krui). I'd say I'll be joining them.

Looks like some fun waves there. Sounds pretty cool cruising up and down the coast surfing a few different breaks. Cheap too.

I would have dearly loved to come up to Pit stops but in the end it came down to the coin. My kids are getting bigger now and it's hard now to slip away (anywhere) chasing surf or snow, without them. I was nearly going to go to the Maldives but I couldn't justfy $5000 for 2 weeks in a place that we would ALL love to go to.

I'll just have to settle for your pic's for now. Hopefully I'll score in Sumatra.

Know what you mean Mantas.. Even harder when the whole fam surfs Sometimes you just have to be selfish!

Was looking at your place today spook. Man, this time next year I'd be keen as, as long as I don't keep snapping boards!

good luck mantas. hope you score.

massive massive swell is due to hit up here on saturday. i'm excited and nervous and frothing at the same time.

aaaaarrrrrggggghhh, it has the potential to be all time!!1 i need some beer to calm myself down.

aaaaaarrrrrrrrggghhh!!!!

Hey Spook

Has it made it up to you yet

6M here yesterday white water all over the out side reefs but half the size today cold onshore and heaps of weed (sea)

I hope some one gets to enjoy the swell

Seemore

Originally Posted By: seemore
Hey Spook

Has it made it up to you yet
6M here yesterday white water all over the out side reefs but half the size today cold onshore and heaps of weed (sea)

I hope some one gets to enjoy the swell

Seemore

surfed a quality left a few minutes paddle away... yesterday was 3-4ft, today was 4-5ft, we will see what tomorrow brings.
there'll be some other spots around here that'll be heaving at 8ft+ right now, but it's waaaay beyond me.
  • SnowJapan Admin

[Mantas, sorry I edited out that image you posted yesterday - it wasn't appearing anyway but it was bringing up some kind of page error alert in browsers for some reason...]

Originally Posted By: SJForums
[Mantas, sorry I edited out that image you posted yesterday - it wasn't appearing anyway but it was bringing up some kind of page error alert in browsers for some reason...]

Mmmm....the image did show up when I first posted it. No big deal.

Tubby, those photos of Spooks are about as good as you'll see, they are also on other surf web sites as well. Don't give all the credit to Spook. I think his missus takes the best shots.
smile

Some more pics from last week - most of the pics are from Friday and Saturday.

The same swell hit Bali and Ulu's looks like it was 15ft+. What we were surfing was very tame in comparison. There were some massive waves up here, but we didn't go chasing them (guests couldn't surf them, plus we could conveniently use that as an excuse for not hunting massive tubes).

Resort is shut for a 10 day break at the moment. First time we've been shut all year. None of us have had a day off for 3 months, so it's been nice sleeping in and kicking back. The weather's been stormy and onshore around the front. Some other islands have had ridiculously good wave sthe past few days, but we can't be bothered driving around, so have just been chilling and surfing fun onshore Pitstops.

Anyway, pictures...

570_1_2009916101745.jpg

570_2_2009916101812.jpg

570_3_2009916101835.jpg

570_4_200991610195.jpg

570_5_2009916101935.jpg

570_6_2009916101957.jpg

570_7_2009916102022.jpg