Fab (and not so fab) & nostalgic 80's and other naff music videos thread

• Replies 800
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I was never really a Cure fan, but I saw them at Glastonbury in 1990 and they were great. Most bands there didn't have a clue how to play in a big outside venue. Not that Glastonbury was all about the bands though, at least not in them days.

Here's what I expected when I heard "Fat Bob".

I only like some Cure but Plainsong is brilliant as are other atmospheric songs they do.

You have good taste grungy (well some of it!) wink

You should have said Cuddly Fat Goth Bob! He has, er, grown, at a quite alarming rate.

I seem to remember Nena having really hairy armpits in the video of the song in German. Gary Davies or some other Radio 1 head pointed it out when they showed in on TOTP.

Here's some super cheese from the continent. One of them looks a bit like Borat. Thomas Bangalter from Daft Punk used to play it when he deejays.

You remember right Mr Wiggles, I remember on the playground there was lots of sniggering and ewwww-ing about her hairy armpits and the conclusion that all German females sported them.

Quote:
This rousing anti-war anthem, complete with funky intro, rocking chorus and spoken word breakdown, was that rare thing: a UK number one made by a German, complete with hairy armpits. Translated from the original into English, this was an enormous hit and has become a staple of Eighties club nights.

That song really annoys me and always has.

• 2 weeks later...

1990, so just about squeeze it in.

This one by New Order not only featured Barnes the rapper, but also inspired England to win the World Cup!!!!!!!

three lions on my chest I know we can't go wrong. (And they were right!)

Got a soft spot for the song though, not often you get a cool band to do a footie song. Very manchester.

• 2 weeks later...