I'm sure someone was asking about this last year but I can't find it. If you have MS Office 2007 and want to have all the menus and stuff in English (or indeed any other of a whole bunch of languages), there's an add on pack now that lets you do it, saw it in the shops today.

It's called "Microsoft Office Multi-Language Pack 2007" and costs a hefty 25000 yen. But I suppose that might be worth it for some people rather than battling through all the Japanese.

Thought I'd share.

You can download "English" (so everything shows as English, menus etc) for Vista for free Tubby Beaver.

Install the English language pack from Windos Update, then change it over and then voila (as they say)

TB, how do you like Vista? I dont have it but was wondering what people thought about it. It seems like a MS ripoff of Mac. Im going to buy a Mac pretty soon. Just got reimbursed from my school last week for last years budet (cuz I turned it in on the last possible day due) and can pick up a Mac with it. Prolly have a look at em in the next week or two and then decide on which model. All my mates who have Macs seem happy with them, and everybody I know who has MS bi#ches bout them...

TBH CB I have no idea about the merits of Vista over any other OS. Like I said to BoC, I'm a real moron when it comes to Computer stuff. I have no idea how things work. I can't see any probs, but like I say I know zippo about tech

I'm used to the japanese now, I bet a lot more would open up to me though if it was all in English. I'll have to try and get my boss to get it for me.

seriously it just stressed me out!! Also the gf is Japanese and when we switched it over it didn't accept Japanese script, I really can't be assed and I don't know how much better it'd be for posting here, reading news online, playing games and surfing por.........Intellectual Papers!! ;\)

I have got that installed on my machine. It's great - suddenly all these new things opened up to me and it makes using it all that much easier.

Well worth the cost ( though I didn't pay for it myself lol.gif )

• 2 weeks later...

Does switching over J-Vista to English with the language pack affect Japanese functionality?

TB, are you talking about problems on an English OS or on a Japanese OS with the Eng lang pack?