We probably usually hit the slopes around 8:30am and finished for the day around 4pm or right until the end on some days. Obviously depending on the day/weather etc.

Just wondering if other people are doing long days, short days, half days or whatever.

If I'm really up for it - first lift until last.

But, I am getting older.

Starts are getting later.

Lunches are getting longer.

Finishing is getting earlier.

\:\(

But I can still do a full day if everything comes together.

If the snow's really good, BIG breakfast then I'm at the lifts when they open. Then maximun carbs in minimum time for lunch.

No new snow? ...9:00 start is fine.

Warm and sunny? I'll wait till the crust melts a bit, ski a few runs, then have a beer with lunch.

I always like to ski until the last lift.

(I'd be a little more mellow if I lived in snow country and could get out whenever I wanted.)

First lift (or as quickly as I can get to the lifts from the bus) to last lift (or until the bus that I have to get on to make it back to town by a certain time).

Unless the snow is either crappy and/or ridden out.

I have been hearing the "call of the beer" earlier and earlier these past few seasons...

Originally Posted By: ger
(I'd be a little more mellow if I lived in snow country and could get out whenever I wanted.)

ger, from "near enough to Kansai" - what is the minimum travel time for you to get to snow?

For me it is closing in on 10 hours drive. And, when you think of it that way, the flight to Tokyo is about that long, too. Add in the 5 hours to get to the airport and the 3 hour wait there for processing etc and to gat to Japan for a ski takes us the best part of a day! Then we have to get to the snow from Tokyo.

Whaddya mean "... if I lived in snow country ..." ?

For me, about 4 hours to a good enough ski resort (Hachikita), about 5 to a better area (Gifu) and about 7 to Hakuba. But it's not the distance. I love driving. It's the highway costs, and the huge cost of getting over the bridge to Honshu. But, yeah, Australia's worse. That's why I haven't met many good Aussy skiers. ;\) Of course the good thing about living in Australia is that you get to live in Australia.

Originally Posted By: ger
But, yeah, Australia's worse. That's why I haven't met many good Aussy skiers. ;\) Of course the good thing about living in Australia is that you get to live in Australia.

I reckon that we Aussies Ski/Board at all is a triumph over adversity! lol.gif