Hi,

My girlfriend and I are planning to come and live and work in Japan for a year.

We don't really want to teach English so we're just trying to find out if there are any other options for English speaking people in Japan.

We would like to spend part of the year working in one of Japans ski resorts.

If anyone can offer any knowledge or advise on any of these areas it would be appreciated.

erm...

Could you elaborate a bit more. Like what are your skills, what have you been doing in the UK, what you'd like to be doing in Japan, etc...

I don't live in Japan, I'm just nosey.

i think there is a guy in shinjuku who lets people punch him in the face and gets 1000yen a minute. Hes not allowed to retaliate but thats £5 a minute, so about £300 an hour. You could just send your girlfriend out to work while you practice mistyflips on a trampoline.

or get ski/ snowboard instructor qualifications?

yeah, depending on your experience, the english teaching thing is probably the easiest of work to pick up. If you wanna work at a resort as a lifty etc, I'd expect a decent level of Japanese language to be a bonus for you.

I'm pretty sure Japanese language proficinecy is going to be a requirement for employment at a ski resort - especially where there are critical occupational safety requirements, like being a liftie