Just a useless post to get my 100 post!

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

wonder who would win in a fight to the death between Ray Mears, Bear Gryll and Les Stroud?? They would be undisputed survivalist of the universe!!! \:D

Originally Posted By: Tubby Beaver
wonder who would win in a fight to the death between Ray Mears, Bear Gryll and Les Stroud?? They would be undisputed survivalist of the universe!!! \:D

If it's hand-to-hand combat, my money's on Grylls. He'd probably be the one to die first in a real solo survival situation though - Without his team of experts and film crew, he's helpless.

If they actually made that show, it'd probably get pretty good ratings!

dunno Ezo, I reckon Ray is pretty inventive and could probably whip up a weapon outa some grass and twigs that are lying around. The other dude I've never heard of so maybe he'd get killed first

........why is that some arrogant pricks on crowded commuter trains feel they have the right to read broadsheet newspapers? the train is fully crowded, there is barely enough space to hold a book to your face and these W&%^#ers whip out their papers.....

....sorry another rant (this is my default have a bitch about something thread now)

the day before I went to the park with my son to play and throw the aerobie around, this is a regular city park used by ladies walking dogs, kids playing catch with their dads, people sitting on the grass chilling out, little girls making a daisy chains and plenty of signs saying no golf, baseball,soccer games etc etc......BUT along comes a Athletics athlete who pulled out a Javelin and starts practising! I couldn't believe it! an outstanding display of arrogance. At one point an oblivious lady with dog walked right into his throwing path forcing him to stop and stand there looking disgruntled!

It curtailed our aerobie throwing activities for the day, and the filthy look I threw javelin dude was 'water off a ducks back'.

SG - that's messed up! I can't imagine someone hurling a javelin in a public place not getting immediately arrested !

That "oyaji in train with newspaper" deserves a full rant thread of its own!

Originally Posted By: Ezorisu
SG - that's messed up! I can't imagine someone hurling a javelin in a public place not getting immediately arrested !

indeed it is, in fact I was thinking the same thing at the time, I wonder what the police would say to him, if they happened onto the scene, but that would have meant they had to leave the comfy confines of the Koban.....

I took a video on my mobile phone to prove it happened, it sounds too surreal.
The park looks empty in the video: it's because everyone cleared out of his way to avoid being being skewered!

wow, I can't believe someone would lob a javelin around a public park. Just outa interest why is there no ball games allowed? I can understand the baseball, it could fly off and hit other people, but surely having a kickaround with a football is harmless enough

Ah the no football is "no games", just kicking it is fine but marking out a patch with some goals and having an impromptu game is not allowed. People kick around there all the time. I guess you hog too much space if you play a game and intimidate other users?

At another park a bunch of friends and I got into huge argument with the self righteous parking warden/park security guard about a game of touch were were playing, it was huge park and we were not in anyones way, playing in a secluded corner, but this guy was adamant, tripping out on the little bit of power someone had bestowed on him for 700yen an hour......at least we werent lobbing metal spears about the place.

He is getting huge, he's the size of an average 7 year old (still only 4) and he can throw the aerobie really well, he loves it. The frisbee is much harder for him, but the aerobie he can really let her rip, he grips the ring like a you grip a handlebar on a bike and then hurls in like a frisbee forehand.

bum? ride? shush!, aren't we still in the closet?

unsure.gif

wink1.gif

Javelin thing. Summertime, lunchtimes in school we were encouraged to practise our athletics. Senior javelin thrower decided to introduce me to javelin. So we were in the middle of the 400m track and he was hurling javelins. Track shared with kids but the inside of the track for the ahtletics club. Imagine the shock of the coach when he finished his sausage and chips and had his 3 pints.

Well, he came out and very quickly took away the javelins and gave us a "no, don't do that". nuff said.

THESE USELESS POSTS ARE GETTING TOO LONG