Just a useless post to get my 100 post!

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Topic is fairly flexible, 2 pints!

Besides, how does anyone from London, get to call anyone "mate"? Unless you're an Ozzie, mate!

Getting back to being off topic for this thread?!

"Bear Grylls" - the "former SAS Commando" as he likes to bill himself. His show is pretty close to a "reality show" in that it definitely isn't reality. The one filmed in Hawaii where he is supposedly trying to survive on a deserted Pacific island got panned and picked apart, such that they had to add a, "this show contains dramatizations of survival situations that may have been recreated for the purposes of illustration," at the beginning of the show. After climbing down the cliffs at Makapuu, he had to go forage for food - why didn't he just cross the street and go to McDonald's or Keneke's Plate Lunch? When walking across the dangerous lava fields the film crew didn't need to pack in rails or a dolly for the trucking shot since the National Park highway was right there! Bear will get someone killed trying to follow his advice.

The "Survivorman" show (may run under different names in different markets) with Canadian outdoor expert Les Stroud is more authentic. He not only goes out into the bush for a week, but takes his camera gear with him and film himself surviving! Les is cool.

Yeah thats him Ezo. I saw that show in Hawaii and although I didn't know the landscape, I always thought that the roads and McD's wouldn't be far away. Its the same as most of his shows. The one where he was in the Sierra Nevada's, he "stumbled" on this lake and instead of trying to walk around it to a road he just "happened to see" on the other side, he dived right in and tried to cross. What I'd like to know was, why didn't he just use the boat that the camera crew were using??!! lol.gif I still like watching it, just like Ray Mears as well, his shows are good

Ray Mears is the fattish survival guy, which really makes me wonder how nutritious all those berries, twigs and insects really are!! lol.gif

His TV show is interesting though, I liked the one where he was with the Native American tribes and made a canoe out of some tree bark. They made home made Jerky as well which was cool. His show when he was in Siberia was cool as well