The strangest thing you have eaten

• Replies 124
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Originally Posted By: soubriquet
Anyone who has eaten "traditional" sausages has eaten pig or sheep intestine. That's what the skins are made from.

beat me too it!!

Thurs, I can only say what the TV show said, they stated that they were raw. Either way it was horrible.

Intestines which have been washed and packed full of lovely succulent meat from the ears, hooves, balls etc all mashed into sausages are totally fine by me!!! \:\)
 Originally Posted By: thursday.

Pigs are basically filthy animals.

Thursday has been outed! he's none other than *Jules from Pulp Fiction!

Plenty of interesting stuff there, when it comes to new food I am game to try almost anything, one of my pet peeves is being told I can't eat something because I am gaijin with an uncultured mouth unable to appreciate the finer qualities of indigenous foods.
Pigs colon? bring it on I say, if its anything like cows colons, it going to be extra-ordinary masticating experience!

I would be a good contestant on one of those fear factor shows, though there was one thing that would be beyond my limit on that show, perhaps you have seen it: the liquefied dead rat smoothie - now that is absolutely vile!
vomit.gif

Hokitika in NZ has a very popular 'Wild foods festival' - an annual extravaganza of weird and wacky foods, any kiwi's on here been to that and tried huhu grubs or mountain oysters?

*Jules: No man, I don't eat pork.
Vincent: Are you Jewish?
Jules: Nah, I ain't Jewish, I just don't dig on swine, that's all.
Vincent: Why not?
Jules: Pigs are filthy animals. I don't eat filthy animals.
Vincent: Bacon tastes gooood. Pork chops taste gooood.
Jules: Hey, sewer rat may taste like pumpkin pie, but I'd never know 'cause I wouldn't eat the filthy motherf***er. Pigs sleep and root in shit. That's a filthy animal. I ain't eat nothin' that ain't got enough sense enough to disregard its own faeces.
Vincent: How about a dog? Dogs eats its own feces.
Jules: I don't eat dog either.
Vincent: Yeah, but do you consider a dog to be a filthy animal?
Jules: I wouldn't go so far as to call a dog filthy but they're definitely dirty. But, a dog's got personality. Personality goes a long way.
Vincent: Ah, so by that rationale, if a pig had a better personality, he would cease to be a filthy animal. Is that true?
Jules: Well we'd have to be talkin' about one charmin' motherf****n' pig. I mean he'd have to be ten times more charmin' than that Arnold on Green Acres, you know what I'm sayin'?

Hmmm, not sure about that.

I hate the plastic things you get most of the time here. Yuck. I'm actually quite fussy about the sausage I like.

Soubs, I guess anything you find disgusting would be somehow connected with your ex who happens to be a banana.

There's no tapeworm recipe that I know of, so perhaps your ex would have one.

Sorry thursday, I'm being mean.

True story. We had a banquet. Everyone ordered fish or seafood, which I don't eat. Everyone had a stab at my dish, it being the odd-one-out. When the turntable came to me, there was nothing leaft. Thanks.

Commercially made brawn ... WTF is that? Triple YUK!

We make the home-made stuff: take one pigs head, clean it (remove brain, eyes and hair) then boil it, meanwhile cook some shin beef, and cut up lots of parsley.

Drain pigs head, remove meat and cut into small cubes, likewise with shin beef.

Mix in parsley and salt/pepper - can add onions/garlic/tomatoes, but it reduces the shelf life of the finished product.

Put in a bowl, place a weight on top and refrigerate (the natural gelatin cements the mass together).

When cold, slice it and eat with home-made chutney (savoury), bread, etc.

YUM-O!

Other than that, the weidest thing I've eaten is the Sea Urchin - three different types of meat in one little spikey ball!

>Other than that, the weidest thing I've eaten is the Sea Urchin - three different types of meat in one little spikey ball!<

In Indonesia once, I saw an old lady prize an urchin from the rocks, split it open, then sprinkle a little white powder over the urchin meat. I asked her what the powder was and she showed me the sachet with MSG boldly displayed on it.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...