How really do the Aussie ski tourists really act in Japan???

Perth - Tokyo QF09 is 23.00 to 09.55. Minus an hours time difference, that`s 10 hours.

FWIW, Air Asia will start flying services from Gold Coast and Perth via KL to Ibaraki airport, NE of Tokyo. That`s going to be cheaper and much more convenient than Narita for anyone wanting to travel north.

• Replies 364
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks Soubs - I was sure it was not 10hrs when we flew - but I could have just been giddy at not having to do a 20 hr journey!! LOL You know us West Aussies - it is a long plane flight to get ANYWHERE - even in your own country!

JA - don't be so sure about the language difficulties....when we were in the US I had to interpret for Papabear. He could understand but not make himself understood - SERIOUSLY! He would come back from a takeaway run (he drove - not me the silly buggers drive on the wrong side of the road!!) and throw the haul on the table and say "DON'T ASK!!! We have whatever we have - I could not get my message through to those people!!". It was absolutely bizarre. But being an interpreter (and a bit of a chameleon) I picked up accents and terminology FAST....so it was my job to buy stuff, order food, ask for directions etc etc. I think he did better with Japanese!!!

Wiki

"Hyakuri Airfield (百里飛行場, Hyakuri Hikōjō?) or Hyakuri Air Base is a Japan Air Self-Defense Force air base in the city of Omitama, Ibaraki Prefecture, Japan. As of 2007, construction of facilities for joint use for civil aviation is in progress. Upon completion it will be known as Ibaraki Airport, with service to the cities of Naha, Fukuoka, Osaka, and Sapporo with its opening in 2009. This will slightly help relieve Narita International Airport and Tokyo International Airport (Haneda Airport) from overload, as it is closer (and potentially cheaper) than Narita and Fukushima Airport for approximately two million people who will be able to bypass Tokyo air traffic."

It's here. It's very convenient if you are coming from the north or from somewhere like Niigata. Close to the JoBan Expressway, which we need to use to get to Narita anyway. It also saves the horrible crawl from Tsukuba to Narita.

ibaraki1fu9.jpg

Quote:
However I have heard pretty bad stories about how the Aussies act especially in Niseko.

Were there not stories from other areas as well? Off hand I seem to rememeber a few coming from Hakuba, and not even involving Aussies. No?