How really do the Aussie ski tourists really act in Japan???

Yeah, Tamworth - that's "near enough" to fly over for a couple weeks skiing and fly back. Wouldn't like to have to walk it though! ;\)

• Replies 364
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Was speaking to my friend about this topic and he was saying the French are famous for pushing through the lift line using their poles to undo bindings and before you know what has happened they push in front. ANybody had that happen to them?

my brother got pushed off of the lift (practically) by this old French guy at Meribel. we were right in the front of the queue when this old gut elbows through, just before the lifty motions us forward he pushes my bro over and hops into his place, by the time my bro recovered the lift had come round and the old man was on it!!

William Wallace wasn't in ski's!

I would think it is a lot easier to push a man over if he is wearing ski's...hee hee...

It is certainly a lot easier for a cheeky teenager to push his Mama over and get away without a clip on the ear when she is strapped in to a snowboard...

yeah, he was a very busy man in those days. We are just hypothesising about whether he would have been, if he could get time off from all the english-killing, a skier or a boarder. (the unions were pretty ineffective in those days) ;\)

I saw his self biographical movie. Braveheart I think he called it. He was also busy shagging French princess of Longshank's gay son.

I was very surprised at Bruce. What a disappointment he turned out to be. Must've taken up boarding before that episode.

haha, yeah, his dad had a collision with a tree and bust uop his face. A very important lesson for all young, budding Scots snow enthusiasts to make sure and tie their kilt securely to stop it blowing up round their face

At Kamui Ski Links, 62 out of 103 gondolas have been graffitied "don`t eat whale".

(Hokkaido Shimbun)

A suggestion to Aussies. Stay at home, keep desertifying your country, making your mammals extinct and mulesing sheep.

Originally Posted By: soubriquet
At Kamui Ski Links, 62 out of 103 gondolas have been graffitied "don`t eat whale".

(Hokkaido Shimbun)

A suggestion to Aussies. Stay at home, keep desertifying your country, making your mammals extinct and mulesing sheep.

Well, having not read the article or seen the vandalism, I can only say that I am disgusted.

How would those hooligan vandals like it if people went to their country and grafitti-ed "don't shag sheep or your mothers" on their gondolas?

Here's what babelfish translates that as

At the ski site of Hokkaido Asahikawa city, the picture which is seen from inside the gondola, as the whale was drawn and "TABENAIDE" (did not eat and) scribbling such that you can attach the alphabetical character large number being found understood. From contents and the like, there is a possibility the foreigner who opposes to the Japanese investigation whaling writing. Recently, because the sightseer increases from foreign country such as Australia, voice of the authorized personnel pannelled door puzzlement has risen.

As for scribbling being found, private ski site "cam chair key lynx" of Asahikawa city. According to the place where the ski site director talked to J-CAST news, a certain scribbling, in the part such as the wall the gondola yellow, was written on the size about of 10 centimeters with the magic of black and green color. The picture of the cartoon wind which is seen as the whale which floats on the wave is drawn, the whale "TABENAIDE" has become the composition which is appealed. Scribbling, among the gondolas of 4 passengers who is 103 units, was written on also 62 units above half truly. The Hokkaido newspaper announced the information, with the article of 2008 February 22 date. Just this mass scribbling, someone how writing? According to the director, focusing on 08 year 1 end of the month scribbling was found. Is not the everyone same, but you say that it is kind of scribbling which is similar. If we assume that thing scribbling of 60 or more is written with 1, it was seen that considerable labor catches, whether or not work of the identical person also the director "how twirled the combining and the neck which are" concerning. Possibility of the Japanese is not zero, but you say that there is a possibility the skiers from the foreign country writing from contents and the like. In Hokkaido recently, the sightseer from the foreign country is increased rapidly. As for foreign visit person of 06, approximately 60 ten thousand people of 5 times that of 10 years ago. Especially, the Niseko ski site and the like which is known with snow quality of worldwide highest level being Australia, it became large popularity, or more of the almost same 2 ten thousand people as the visitor total from Europe and America visited Hokkaido. And, even in Asahikawa ski site, every month 40? 50 people, season 2? You say that it reached the point where 3% foreigner visits constantly. Propriety of whaling such as here several months and between Japan and Australia has become discussion, but "there is no director, does trouble chummily". Vis-a-vis collection of data, "you do not think exaggeratedly. Without wanting making a noise, you showed the shank "and confusion. Scribbling is a possibility of hitting to container damage crime, but you call accusation to the police that it does not do. Because smell of the thinner remains inside the gondola, we have assumed that you turn off after the business ending in late March. As for trouble such as scribbling which is related to the trouble releasing whaling problem of the Australian human customer, occurring with in addition to? It made in the く of the Hokkaido sight-seeing and the person in charge of propulsion bureau, "heard the trouble with whaling problem, for the first time", that you are surprised. Concerning the influence with scribbling, "you just say, without being able to comment that we want coming to many foreigners as much as possible, the shank" it had been perplexed in answering. Don't you think? the loss finned ray of adventure center President Niseko which introduces Hokkaido to Australia, in collection of data of J-CAST news, "trouble and the like with whaling problem you have not heard. So, the newspaper was read, but the foreigner has been decided it spoke kana "and thought that why it scribbles. As for trouble it is not doing, with future international interchange as for insecurity not having come out? Especially, as for Niseko, from Australia which becomes the urgent spearhead of whaling problem, many sightseers visit. As for same area largest ski site "Glan ヒラフ", according to the Tokyu resort service which is managed, the skier 2? As for 3 tenths you say that with the foreigner, the Australian person occupies also the 9 tenths. Concerning whaling problem, at the same company, with "as for the Japanese the person who cannot speak English skillfully to be many, because large portion of the Australian person cannot speak Japanese, as for such a story you speak with that it does not do". Concerning scribbling, you think that "it is perhaps the mere mischievous writing. Only the Japanese け the whaling opposite person, being to think that you do not come to Japan, "with sees in viewing and truth. Simply, the authorized personnel who leaks insecurity it is. As for the Japanese manager of certain accommodations of Niseko, "from the lodging customer of the Australian person, as for story of whaling without coming out, the shank. Me myself the green piece and the like being too selfish, it has antipathy, but it is complicated feeling from standpoint of sight-seeing promotion ", that it leaked. On the one hand, the Australian human manager of the Niseko accommodations where confesses, the Australian human customer occupies 5 tenths or more, when the Japanese whaling becomes discussion. Because "with native country news of whaling it has come out hard, ' as for the Japanese that still eating the whale ' way it has interest, the shank. ' As for the whale although numbers are few, whether why you have caught ' that. Because the Japanese staff it is, you say that "with another side which says various things, you understand also the Japanese circumstance via the discussion. "Therefore as for the Japanese government and the fisherman work does being, the normal Japanese, unless the whale must be made important, understands that you think that, it seems that" most you say that, even then they are the circumstances where still, the reserve remains.