Mantas's UK beer and pie tour.

From the Pork Pie Appreciation Society.

Pork Pie Appreciation Society

pub.jpg

Now

Pork pies are crap!!! They have always been crap, they always will be.

Just because things have been done certain way for 400 years, doesn't automatically make them good. the old adage that "It is tradition, therefore it is great" is a load of bollocks! (and I'm not just talking about pork pies).

And yes I'm well aware that I'm an uncultured, heathen savage from the dark continent so there,s no need to point that out.

;\)

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Nothing wrong with a nice thick pork chop, on the BBQ plate for a bit. Served with apple sauce and veges - Yuuummm O!

Pork pies, though, are a different thing. I was under the impression that poms took their pies cold and their beer hot. \:D

I don't mind pork, but I have to be very careful to only cook and serve it when hubby is away for a few days - he HATES it.

But he enjoys bacon and ham ... so it is not a swine objection - just a taste of pork objection. I think maybe it was the way his Mum cooked it as a kid... And THAT is probably the reason I enjoy it - my Mum is a STELLAR cook!

and what way of cooking would make a person hate pork?

Roast, grilled, stewed, or perhaps boiled....

So many ways to cook so many pig bits.

Though must admit pork is one of the meats I try to avoid.

O.K. We have pretty much reached consensious that Pork Pies are shit. (perhaps we could start a 'pork pies are shit' society) Lets move on.

While England certainly had a greater variety of pasteries to chose from, the pies didn't actually vary too far from the old traditional meat pie, steak and kidney or chilli beef pie.

Today I visited one of my favorite pie shops. Some of the pies on offer that I can rattle off the top of my head are.

Steak and kidney

Steak and mushroom

cheese and bacon

chilli beef

meat and potato

beef and onion

beef and tomato

chicken and asparagus

chicken mornay

chicken and vegetable

Originally Posted By: kokodoko
pork is disgusting...

Pork is awesome!! I love a bit of Pork, I can't believe you don't like it.

Pork pies can be pretty nasty but I don't mind the odd one.
I wish Japan had REAL bacon and not that American Streaky shit that pretends to be bacon, I miss a good rasher of smoked back bacon!!

Although its not a meat pie, I had a delicious Apple pie the other day from my local cake shop. It was so good I scoffed most of it in one sitting with a cup of coffee, had to really stop myself from eating it all!!