i was fighting a hangover on sunday so i went to chill out in yoyogi park. there was a group of people taking turns strapping on a snowboard and practices holds and spins on a trampoline. it looked like fun. anyone done it? does it help when you do it for real off a kicker?

The little 9-year old tyke Gurimu-kun who signed a deal recently with Head and is a pipe-champ has a trampoline on the roof of his condo in Osaka. Even without a board strapped on, it's surely good practice for spins and balance in the air.

Yeah, it helps. Even if you don't have anything strapped to your feet. It is all about visualizing a trick or a jump or whatever. And then simulating that mental process as quickly, safely and effectively as possible.

Those freestyle skiers train almost exclusively on trampolines in the summer, or so I hear, lots of pro snowboarders do as well.

My folks have a trampoline at their house, and I had alot of fun recently trying various flips and spins on it. I was able to put into practice alot of the body mechanics that I had only previously visualized, and it felt great. I think if I practiced on a tramp every day, all of those freestyle tricks would get a whole lot easier.

• 11 months later...

i found a place in saitama that has tampolines to practice on. one tramp is 4 socks only, and the other is 4 skis/snowboards/mini boards (that U can practice with just gym shoes-boots).

trampolining helps 2 visualize Ur jumps...i strapped in a board and was out of breath in three minutes. they've got a branch in osaka. this one has two smaller tramps, and one big one. both places are quite a hike from the stations, but still pretty fun. i heard there was a third branch somewhere else...