School uniforms during the holidays

Can anyone explain to me why kids seem to wear school uniforms during school holidays? I find it really strange and even more confusing when I notice it's not all of them. Kids back home sure wouldn't be doing that on a holiday!

Its Spring Break just now, but kids do wear uniforms on the holidays and I have heard that its because of school activities....bugger that!! When it was school hols, I was nowhere near the school!!

Even our school in Perth requires that.

In fact it is even a requirement that the boys wear an official School Ski Trip fleece jacket even on the plane trip to and fro thier ski trips which are held during school holidays, and a school beanie (bright yellow too!) on the slopes - although my boys hide thier beanies under thier helmets.

True. (Edit to add: it does make me laugh though, as my older boys are tantamount to men - they look like men, act like men - it looks funny! It is amazing the amount of times that they have been asked what they are studying at Uni, and if I am thier older sister, until they put the uniform on!)

They also have to wear thier uniforms to and from school, on school holidays if they are respresenting the school, and on Saturday's for thier compulsory school sport committments.

shit, really??!! I can't remember having to do that myself when I played for the school football team, and I know when I was running the team at the high school I worked at I didn't ask the kids to do so. I always hated wearing the uniform, it was too hot and scratchy in summer and too cold and scratchy in winter!!! lol.gif