A big thanks to all on SJ forums!!

Hello people,

Thats me just home after 17 days in the most amazing place i have ever visited!

I wont bore you with details but here is a quick breakdown:

10days in Hirafu at lodge bamboo, great hosts, great hostel for a great price. No fresh Pow but amazing spring riding. The best off piste (well tree action) EVER! Amazing people, very friendly and amazing food. I think A Bu Cha (excuse gaijin spelling) was the best in hirafu! fantastic sashimi!

5 days in Tokyo - 2 nights in Hotel Sauve near Shibuya - dont be fooled by the name it wasnt sauve, but it was tidy and clean. good location too. 3 days at the Prince Park Tower hotel - wicked place, great views, a little expensive (read: 5000 yen for two of us to bowl 20 frames and drink a crappy beer from a plastic cup) but great service and luxury accomidation.

Ate some live octopus and beef ovaries - got wrecked and rapped with aussys in Splash bar in niseko. Sung Karaoke in shibuya until my throat was buring. Downed sake with blatant disrigard for local customs and still got a smile.

Basically this is just a rant about how i had such a great time in Japan, thanks for all the tips and suggestions - now i just need to figure out how to move there. Maybe, just maybe there is some oil i can drill for!...

oh, and how amazingly gorgeous are Tokyo girls?! Amazing!

Peas

actually the weather on thursday in the deen was amazing! about 20degrees and wicked sunshine!! better than tokyo (weatherwise only). I have fallen in love with land of rising sun!! Fancy sorting me out with a job?? \:D

Mate picking up a job is easy here, its the well paid ones that are elusive!! lol.gif

It wasbeautiful here today, 23 degrees in Yokohama, whats lacking in Japan are beer garden's. They are few and far between

I really enjoyed the nice weather in niseko, t-shirts on the slopes!!!

What a sh*thole rappongi is! didnt like that place much at all, i guess there are probably some good places to go but i was constantly being harrased by nigerians trying to get me into strip bars and it felt too much like being at home! those pesky nigerians!!

lol.gif Suely there ain't that many Nigerians in Aberdeen??!!!

Roppongi is nasty, I think we tried to warn you though!!! Was that the only place you went out in Tokyo? There are a couple of places in Roppongi I like, Club Yellow is one of them. There is a Brazilian bar/restaurant up there that isn't bad (I watched England get knocked out of the 2002 world cup from Brazil there \:\) )

oh no! we had a couple great nights out around shibuya.

I had been warned about roppongi, but it was close to our hotel, and i guess you cant knock it until you have tried it. now that i have tried it, i can knock it. It was rubbish!

The Tokionian equivalent of peurto banus! without the class

You would be surprised about nigerians in aberdeen.

it all started about 5 years ago, because nigeria is a big oil country, and robert gordons uni (university not sea urchin) in aberdeen has a good masters in offshore oil and gas degree course and a good Mech Eng course, they have started coming over in droves!!

you can find them everywhere, well normally in nightclubs, not paying for drinks and just standing around the outside of dancefloors plotting their attack of the local girls:)

In their defense, they havnt started all the kidnapping of offshore workers in scotland yet, i guess they only do that on home soil.

Originally Posted By: al from scotland
oh no! we had a couple great nights out around shibuya.
I had been warned about roppongi, but it was close to our hotel, and i guess you cant knock it until you have tried it. now that i have tried it, i can knock it. It was rubbish!

The Tokionian equivalent of peurto banus! without the class

You would be surprised about nigerians in aberdeen.

it all started about 5 years ago, because nigeria is a big oil country, and robert gordons uni (university not sea urchin) in aberdeen has a good masters in offshore oil and gas degree course and a good Mech Eng course, they have started coming over in droves!!

you can find them everywhere, well normally in nightclubs, not paying for drinks and just standing around the outside of dancefloors plotting their attack of the local girls:)

In their defense, they havnt started all the kidnapping of offshore workers in scotland yet, i guess they only do that on home soil.

I think it'd be safer plotting an attack on offshore oil workers than an attack on Aberdonian girls!!!! lol.gif

They obviously don't know what they are in for!!