first, wearing a helmet would be a good idea.

I don't think the remote is at all plausible cos the ropes and pullies that are needed would become entangled.

Since it only has 1 seat, I propose a midget be strung beneath the craft, probably dangling 5 feet from the pilot's seat and be flown up the mountain together. You then get off, ski down, while midget flys craft down. Then repeat until time to go for beers or until fuel runs out. If fuel runs out, then send midget for more fuel and beers while he's at it. Simple.

Endless entertainment for me - really - thanks - you lot have made being sick in bed a lot of laughs this week!!

Why not all pitch in an buy your own oversnow transport - a big CAT. Then rope in a non skiing buddy who is keen on driving stuff and get him to drive you all up, then meet you at the bottom and drive you up again.

Leave it to a woman.

lol.gif

I meant "leave it to a woman to come up with a real solution" not to drive the CAT. Not we can't mind you! But heck - the whole 'let me drive the great big machine' is a boy fantasy. Women really don't care.

I will never forget the look of fear on my Father-in-Law's face (truck driver for a living) when I jumped into the cab of hubbies B class truck and reversed it into the drive way without hesitation or mistake - he was truly speechless. But I certainly don't ENJOY driving those things!

Awwww.... Tsonda..that is too sweet.

Now here I am overloaded with antibiotics and pain killers and ya go and turn this from a giggle to a tear jerker! Bah! Back to Oprah for me!

Originally Posted By: tsondaboy
how about if we train a monkey to fly it?

going back to it, this is not at all a bad suggestion.

If the monkey's performance dissappoints in any way, you could always spank the naughty monkey until you are satisfied.
 Originally Posted By: thursday.
I don't think the remote is at all plausible

I propose a midget be strung beneath the craft

going back to it, [training a monkey] is not at all a bad suggestion.

thursday. you are smoking crack

lol.gif finally on sale!

The good news: Not one, but two companies are selling jet packs.

The bad news: The tech has a long way to go.

That means... ==> Another good news: Lots of time for us to come up with an idea where to put a probe, shovel,

and... maybe more. \:D

I thought this must be about the other Norikura at first, not Tsugaike. Half the flights only went to Tengupara anyway.

Does this mean sayonara to Japan only backcountry route with arrows pointing the way?

Any more news on this?

Its great they finally got rid of the operation. All the trips I did up there I was always super annoyed with the noise not to mention the gorbies making there way into the "backcountry". The only thing worse is the brap brap brap a sled makes.

i would argue that the backcountry SHOULD be full of knuckleheads being led by guiding operations with choppers. could you imagine the demand if this were marketed the right way with the japan the primary destination for asian heli-skiing? there are plenty of places that it just doesn't make sense to hike into that would be ideal for this kind of usage.

having them located in middle of a major mountaineering area with probably the most densely populated backcountry in the area is obviously f--king stoopid, but that's not to say it wasn't a step in the right direction.

hopefully this disaster doesn't discourage further capital investment.