It was on the news this morning. The Norikura Helli skiing operation was deemed illegal, because it was landing inside the North Alps National park. It was landing inside the protected breeding area of the 雷鳥(ライチョウ)Japanese Ptarmigan.

Wait a minute, is there heli-skiing from Norikura also? I know there is one at Tsugaike Kogen. Or is that the one you are talking about and it is called Norikura Heli? If so, then it's a pity, I was wanting to try that one out.

"This bitch didn't get his turn yet!"

Originally Posted By: Kumapix
this is actually quite funny when you think about all the red tape you have to go through to operate a heli operation. How on earth did it get setup in the first place???

Like how a lot of business is done in Japan they probably just bribed the government officials involved.

On a bit of a side note here, but i was watching that show Myth Busters by accident in the gym yesterday and they had a real car operated by remote control. if they can do that then i'm pretty sure we could hook up a remote control to one of the puppies. This is the worlds samllest co-axial helicopter with a 125cc engine and can go 90km/hour in any direction. It's made by a japanese co called GEN and is for sale for Y3.6mil! you can kiss those old snowshoes goodbye!

top_jon.jpg

Originally Posted By: stillnoprogress
you can kiss those old snowshoes goodbye!

That looks like a lot of fun. But go up on a windy day and "you can kiss your ass goodbye"!
 Originally Posted By: stillnoprogress
On a bit of a side note here, but i was watching that show Myth Busters by accident in the gym yesterday and they had a real car operated by remote control. if they can do that then i'm pretty sure we could hook up a remote control to one of the puppies.

That thing has an estimated 3000 m (10000 feet) ceiling. \:o
 Originally Posted By: thursday.
it's a 1-seater, so you land at top, ski down, then skin up again to get your helicopter?

that's why you hook it up to a remote control dude... skinning is for Quakers.

Originally Posted By: thursday.
that's great, now you only need a helicopter license.

minimum training is necessary.... it says so on the wesite.

Originally Posted By: Markie
That looks like a lot of fun. But go up on a windy day and "you can kiss your ass goodbye"!

It has a built-in chute, so it's totally safe! \:\)

OK, for the sake of argument, let's say we really use this gadget with a remote for skiing. (today's a slow day for me so I'm up for some trivial banter) I imagine we only need to stay 5 to 10 feet off the ground at any time, just need to climb with the slope till we achieve some altitude on the mountain, then get off and ski down and remote the gadget back to us at the bottom. There is really no need for a chute if we use it this way. My only worry is when we get that big sudden gust of wind that's gonna slam our gadget with us on board into some trees or rocks or the ground or, worst case, some cold pool of water. And with those blades spinning around, if they come off, they might chop off something. The chute doesn't help much except to wrap up my pieces of meat together to be shipped to my mom for burial.

But I like the remote idea. But let's put in on a snowmobile!