Originally Posted By: Oyuki kigan
enough with this peak oil and global warming craziness.

i'm buying a horse. And i can eat it if it breaks down.

Trouble is that you have to feed the damned things even when they are not being used! At least if you don't drive the car it doesn't require more fuel just sitting in the garage.

As a matter of interest, what is the per litre price?

In my home town, we are paying $AU1.50 (about USD1.33 at current exchange) per litre for standard unleaded.

126! thats pretty darn good, I filled up the tank on my big thirsty beast yesterday. 51Litres at 136yen =7000 yenski......and that was only 3/4 of a tank!......time to get Kei-car.

10 yen per litre difference and for me that was getting petrol at the dead cheap discount service station.

Farmers with horses have to use loads of their land to feed them. Normally they're fast, but they're well dodgy in the snow. Nagano history suggests you're better off with an ox. Tastes better too!

If some old git around you starts hoarding petrol in plastic cans, dob him in to the fire brigade. It's illegal to store it at home. If you don't understand why, try googling "Tokyo Fire Raid".

NHK said some places are 115 a litre. That might be for prepaid member cards though. Some places aren't passing on the whole discount yet because their old stock still has the 25 yen tax on it.

Its a clydesdale. In the winter i'll hook him up to a sleigh.

Clydesdalestallion.jpg

Yeah, they are big, and get a little less milage to the bucket than a lighter model, but mount a bling saddle and a big sterosystem on there and you got the equestrian equivelalnt to a Hummer

yeah, some place aren't discounting their gas because it's still the 'taxed gas'.....but you know the day they put the tax back on they'll be charging high prices even thought it's still 'untaxed gas'

Originally Posted By: Oyuki kigan
enough with this peak oil and global warming craziness.

i'm buying a horse. And i can eat it if it breaks down.

mmmmmm...... 馬刺!!!!
  • 1 month later...

Hey whats with the suddenly much more expensive gasoline again today.

Up 15 yen at my local place, wasn't expecting that!

Perhaps I should. (Cheers for the laugh).

Wouldnt have made much difference because I filled up on Saturday.