How many different resort did you try this season?

Do you like this poll?  

2 members have voted

1. 1. Do you like this poll?

• Yes
    • No
    • Not sure
    • Can you do another poll please?
  2. 2. Should I make a new poll?

• Yes please
    • No, don't need

Well, I did 10 in just the last week in Hakuba: Kashimayari, Aokiko, Sanosaka, Goryu, 47, Happo One, Tsugaike, Iwatake, Norikura and Cortina. If I had a few more days I would have done Highlands, Minekata and Yanaba to complete the full tour of Hakuba.

I also did Furano in Hokkaido and did Val d'Isere and Tignes in France. So that makes it 13 in all.

I'm sorry, Thursday, but to qualify as a separate resort, it must have a separate lift pass. So Hanazono, Hirafu and even Alpen would only qualify as one. Of course you can call all of Niseko just one if you like. But most of what you say never makes much sense anyway.

When you say 'how many different resorts', do you mean as in new, first time to try if so then for me it would, Marunuma, Yuzawa nakazato, minami kogen, minami houdaigi. If it is how many different resorts you have been to this year then that would be eight for me I think.

Having said that I went to some of these and other resorts more than once this year.

this is for Markie.

All those resorts you visited near Hakuba in the last week, was there decent snow cover? im really trying to figure out if it is worth my money to come over for a week or 2 beginning april 7th and finding out snow reports is a bit vague.

im not really a fan of the park, more just riding, any of piste/ trail/ in the trees free riding...

was it any good or not worth it?

hope to hear from you, thanks

matt

Having flown in fro Oz, We rode at Furano and a day at Kamui Ski Links.

Def worth the trip, and next year's accom is booked already! Just awaiting a decent airfare deal, still have until Xmas to get that sorted.

Hey, Matt, I have been doing Hakuba during Easter every year for the last three years. The snow cover this time was the best of the three. So it was really great for me this visit. However, with the combination of sun and rain, melt and wash away, the snow cover is melting fast. There will definitely still be a lot of terrain to ski come April 7, but I imagine that the 3 resorts of Sun Alpina will be closed by then, as will Iwatake. But the upper areas of Goryu/47, Happo and Tsugaike will still have quite a bit of skiable area. The snow will also be a bit mushy. So should you go or not? If it were me and Easter was at April 7 this year, I wouldn't hesistate and go, but that's me. I have fun in any muck. Don't expect powder, expect some areas closed and expect some slush. But there will still be plenty of skiable area.

Good luck!

Originally Posted By: Matthew Owen
thanks Markie

see you there!!
\:\)

Would love to see you there, mate, but alas, I'm back at work in pollution stricken HK and have already bid farewell to Hakuba for this season. But you make sure you hook up with the cool gang there and have a smashing time.
  • 3 weeks later...

Kagura

Hakuba 47 / Goryo

Naeba

Gala Yuzawa

clocked up about 15 days in total - record for me in one season here in Japan - everything - time, money, energy - just seemed to click into place this year. \:D

happo, tsugaike, cortina, and hachikita.

risa, minako, slow and i accidentaly skied some other resort with cortina passes. we thought we were skiing in cortina but we weren't.

=> 4 plus?