Difficult to think it will snow down again here. We usually get one last dump but I'll eat my (edible) hat if that happens. It was 16 degrees yesterday!

Having said that, it says it was snowing a bit up at the top of Kagura this morning.

despite indications to the contrary I remain a believer in the last dump... got some coming in this week, mostly on friday apparently. The temperature has been plummeting in Hakuba.

Call me a foolish optimist, but I think somethings up for next week too.

Forecasting at the moment for 20+. They are usually pretty conservative with their predictions on snow-forecast and most times this year you could add 50-100% on what they were saying. Not getting too excited but I will be definitely out in it.

Originally Posted By: TJ OZ
Forecasting at the moment for 20+. They are usually pretty conservative with their predictions on snow-forecast and most times this year you could add 50-100% on what they were saying. Not getting too excited but I will be definitely out in it.

\:\) \:\) \:\) Pitty there's nobody here to share it with. (smug with a capitol S)

which resort is that forecast for TJ? I just checked Snow-forecast for Happo and 47 and its only saying a sprinkling. Seems to be a mini cold snap for next week, I think I'll get out about Tuesday again, sweet!
 Originally Posted By: Tubby Beaver

which resort is that forecast for TJ? I just checked Snow-forecast for Happo and 47 and its only saying a sprinkling. Seems to be a mini cold snap for next week, I think I'll get out about Tuesday again, sweet!

After 25 years of snow sports I've still got no idea how they measure snow depth. All I can tell you is if you cut down through the snow that fell last night to the crust from the day before, it measures about 25-30cm this mornig at the top of Happo.

Snow-forecast is usually out by a factor of three. If it says 10cm at the top it means 30cm so 3cm means about 10cm. I've been in Hakuba 9 seasons and thats a fairly consistent thing I've noticed since they started doing forecasts for here.

I guess they don't have anyone here in Japan actually checking to see if their predictions are correct or not..

They get the frontal snow down but vastly underestimate the lake effect snow.

plus they don't forecast the local microclimates well - Like the difference between snowfall at Cortina and Happo (Cortina almost always gets more)...

Originally Posted By: Tubby Beaver

Adding up to just over 20cm at the moment. Hopefully Matt is right and that turns into 60. Up at Tsugaike this morning and got some nice turns in on about 20cm of fresh. Went up to watch some mates in the Big Air comp up there today. One of our cooks won the comp last week with a perfect 900.