SnowJapan Community
Sign in to follow this  
Kingofmyrrh

TR: There and Back Again (Happo 3-22-08)

Originally Posted By: Tubby Beaver
Nice pics, sounds like an awesome day was had by all!!

Tsonda and King throw like girls??!! really!! ;\)

One of my skis nearly clipped Tokyo Tower I threw it so hard. None in the drink for me.

Originally Posted By: Kingofmyrrh
One of my skis nearly clipped Tokyo Tower I threw it so hard. None in the drink for me.

I heard you threw 3 in..... lol.gif

Originally Posted By: Fattwins
King any word on the skis?
Hannah lost my memory card! grrr!

I took them in last night. The shop are sending them back to the volkl office in Japan (they make the decision). The shop guy, who was a pretty nice guy who remembered me buying the skis, said that he thought I would be lucky to get them replaced because the nature of the break showed that I basically stabbed them into the snow and any ski would break under that stress. He added that in these circumstances they often offer a deep discount on replacements as some kind of consolation prize. We'll see what happens. Otherwise I guess you may have a 183 soft Bro-ther for next season!

At any rate I am ski-free for this weekend...

Originally Posted By: OkemoLoon
He is denying it because they weren't even his skis he threw in the river.

I suspect Loon is trying to deflect attention from the fact that he didn't have the stamina to come back down the bank once he'd dragged himself over. ;\)

After skiing half the valley with those skis strapped to my back I was pretty careful not to toss them into the river... anyway I am going to try to stop taking the bait now.

Originally Posted By: Fattwins
King any word on the skis?
Hannah lost my memory card! grrr!

JFC, FT quit blaming your little girl for YOUR mistakes :p You are FF, remember?!?! lol.gif

It seems FT is suffering from C.R.S. (can't remember shizzle). I however suffer from C.R.A.F.T. (I'll let you figure that one out).

To be honest, looking at the shark bite in those skis I doubt they would warranty them. It is sooooo obviously a tip plant break. That said, they usually give you the option of buying new ones at half price which may be a good thing as those skis are too short anyway.

Wow! Nice TR and pics, King! smile.gif

That debris shot is unique and cool.

I hope Yamashiro san gets better soon, though...

Originally Posted By: Ewok 2
looking forward to seeing girls TR as well grin.gif

Ewok, you should go this weekend with Dan and Risa. I'm looking forward to Ewok's TR. ;\)

Originally Posted By: slow
Wow! Nice TR and pics, King! smile.gif
That debris shot is unique and cool.
I hope Yamashiro san gets better soon, though...

The debris shot is another Dan classic, not me I'm afraid.

I hope Yamashiro san gets better quickly as well. Because he was able to get back down without complaining a lot I thought it might not be too bad, but I think he was just being tough. It seemed a lot worse the next day...

And a video of Kin dropping in smile.gif

Apologies for the not so steady hand.

Its hard to hold the camera with one hand and jerk-off with the other. \:D

Thanks for putting those up.

Stance so wide... still sitting back... anyway, better to know and improve than be blissfully ignorant.

Sign in to follow this  

sjf2019l.png

About SnowJapan

SnowJapan.com is the independent guide to skiing and snowboarding in Japan and has been online since 1999.

SnowJapan.com covers the whole of Japan. We are here to introduce the world to unbiased, honest and detailed information about winter sports in Japan. We publish exclusive and in-depth and daily content throughout the winter season and we add new functionality and content to the site every year.

We are not here to promote any specific destinations or resorts, or to sell our readers any kind of products or services. We are not a travel agency and we do not own any ski resorts, ski schools, accommodations or other related businesses.