Hellooee peeps...

May sound crazy but I 'decided' a few weeks ago that I just HAD TO spend a season in Japan. Not sure WHERE, HOW or WHEN but these are answers that I hope will come to me.

Whilst travelling in Galapagos with no money, met a girl whose brother lived in Whistler, went there on a whim and within 24 hrs had found a nice place to live and work (off the books) and was set up for the season...fantastic! Unfortunately the season was the worst in 30 yrs \:\( that's another story.

So just wondering if I can wing it to Japan in such a fashion and hope to land on my feet (work, shelter)? No spicka da Japanese (but will try to learn some before i go), no tefl/tesol certs (if i can afford it i may try), not much money, no idea about where in particular in Hokkaido I should head, but feel that this is where I need to go. Oh, and will be travelling with partner who is too old to get a whv - phooey. Should i really be more organised than this or take my chances?

Any thoughts? Muchly appreciated.

Find a rich woman wherever you go, and you'll be OK...

Workwise, there's usually something that you can find to do and get paid for, but if you want to stay legally for more than 3 months, you'll either have to fly to Seoul for a night and come back, or get somebody to sponsor you for a visa.

Living in Canada is rather a different proposition from a season in Hokkaido. I'd be a bit more well planned for Japan than simply hoping to "wing it"

• 1 month later...