Rain the dreaded rain to 1700 meters! The only thing you can do is hike I guess!

Climb we did! Climbed to 2200 meters on Saturday to run a south facing line down to 47. A respectable climb that only took us 1 hour to get 400 meters of vertical. It is more of a slog across than up. Anyways the frist section was bang on great skiing! about 10 cms of fresh wet from the day before. 1300 plus vertical meters of sking and then a beer at 47 on the patio!

Hiking shots first

fattwins_211.JPG

fattwins_215.JPG

fattwins_224.JPG

Me and Mr.Chuckles

fattwins_220.JPG

Standing on top of the first line planning the way in to avoid a wind load.

fattwins_221.JPG

Then some line shots!

fattwins_214.JPG

fattwins_213.JPG

fattwins_212.JPG

The line from the bottom.

fattwins_218.JPG

Missed timed the second line. Too warm basically and the south facing sides were releasing to the ground. Skied the line quickly and got the heck out of dodge!

The second line Dan trying to rip a bit of the upper crust.

fattwins_207.JPG

Line 2

Hike to 2300 meters and ski a backside with wind blown powder. Ended up scoring huge getting 700 plus meters of powder. The 2.5 km run out the valley was perfect corn snow as well!

The line

fattwins_217.JPG

The powder

fattwins_222.JPG

It was light too look at the dust!

fattwins_223.JPG

Some run out pics

Up the valley being stupid and having fun

fattwins_210.JPG

Down the valley

fattwins_209.JPG

What do you do when you dont have poles? You become Gandalf the Grey and use your magic stick!

fattwins_208.JPG

2 great days thanks for the tour guys!

For more pics please look here!

PICS

Nice TR and pics as usual.

E releases onto S in that area have been going off all season. Was told facets & goblets are gone on E at higher elev, but is now one giant slush waiting to release.

Like the pic w/ mura-one in the background.

Wish we could get a little bit more of winter before we get baked to death for good. Transition was too quick.

good stuff, FT.

my favorite ascent is the one of you breaking trail. ominous

i don't wanna risk further injury, so i'm gonna take it easy for the next couple weeks.

sick pics!!