1. 1. Do you like this poll?

• Yes
    • No
    • Not sure
    • Can you do another poll please?
  2. 2. Should I make a new poll?

• Yes please
    • No, don't need

I'm still at the VERY beginning of riding in trees, I wouldn't say I'm comfortable!! The same with jumps, its very much small lumps that I feel I'm getting 3 metres of air on but in actual fact you could slide a beer mat between the snow and me!!! \:D

A work in progress!

Most deffinetly, I have been lucky enough to ski with a some great people this season which has pushed me harder. I think that my physical condition is the biggest thing holding me back this season. I will be much better prepared for next season.

Absolutely! I'm with snowdude! Happy to get out onto the white stuff whenever I can (afford it!). 10 days a year isn't that much, but you get to make the most of it, and most definitely can see an improvement.

How? well, zero crashes, more experience in trees and fresh tracking in powder (the latter was definitely NOT an option in Spring in Oz for the last few years - Japan has significant advantages there!)

I said absolutely - but it is not hard for me to be better this season than last! LOLZ

I am really happy riding now - no more panic feeling at the top of a steeper slope. I learnt to keep my nose up in powder (or else!), and loved the silent glide it offered.

I learnt to absorb the bumps better - even when I couldn't see them under powder - that meant less falls!

Tree's - ummm no - not real good with the tree's. My 10 yr old decided that Blueberry fields was the place to take Mum for her first try at tree's - yeah well - I got part way through and then just kept hitting the damn tree's - so I bailed! I think I might stick to weaving through some more OPEN tree's first! At least I was confident enough to give it a go, and know I could bail and ride the groomer if it wasn't working out.

I am looking forward to seeing what improvements there are next season!

Much the same here. I've been telemarking for over 20 years now and although my technique is pretty good, my age or more importantly my fitness level is starting to become a factor.

Originally Posted By: Go Native
Much the same here. I've been telemarking for over 20 years now and although my technique is pretty good, my age or more importantly my fitness level is starting to become a factor.

lol.gif

But isn't it keeping you young?

I reckon if you hang up the ski's the deterioration will accelerate. Better we keep at it- forget the botox, hair dye and youth serums - get out there and stay active.

Way to go GN!

(and yes, TB, I think it is pretty cool that they WANT to snowboard with me!)

The first (and only other) time I went snowboarding was at Perisher in 2006. I was in the middle of a lesson on the Wednesday, when I hit a death nugget and twisted my left leg 90 degrees from my knee down. After getting towed up by ski patrol and resting for about an hour, I went back out, but couldn't put much pressure on my front foot... so I didn't have much confidence..

This time I went for 4 days in Furano. I improved immensely. Not only could I go down the slopes with some form of confidence, I also went on quite a few runs where I didn't stack it at all... So I know I improved a lot.