• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

yeah and wear like 5 pairs of underpants, 5 shirts, 3 pairs of trousers, and a pair of all-purpose shoes. That way you won't need hold luggage and won't need to go to Milan to collect it.

Originally Posted By: thursday.
yeah and wear like 5 pairs of underpants, 5 shirts, 3 pairs of trousers, and a pair of all-purpose shoes. That way you won't need hold luggage and won't need to go to Milan to collect it.

lol.gif The thought did cross my mind.

No need to worry lads, we sailed through OK.
apart from a small (1 hour) delay on to ground waiting for someone to fix the failed guiding system. It all looks prety flash, but nothing we haven't seen in Japan anyway.
  • 1 month later...
 Quote:
British Airways boss Willie Walsh turned down a £700,000 bonus yesterday in a personal sacrifice for the Terminal 5 fiasco.

He said it would be inappropriate to accept the award, which would have matched his annual salary, given the chaos that occurred.

What a nice man.
  • 1 month later...

Anyone using Terminal 5 this summer?

In the news today

Quote:
Terminal 5 came in for renewed criticism yesterday after it emerged that passengers transferring between planes at Heathrow's troubled new £4.3bn building are losing more than 900 bags a day.

Trade union officials said T5's baggage handling system still needed improvement and travellers on connecting flights have a one in 12 chance of being separated from their luggage. Iggy Vaid, senior shop steward at the Unite union and a former T5 baggage handler, told MPs that 932 bags miss their onward journey from the terminal on a daily basis.

"If we change the process it will get better. We have to. There is no alternative," he said.

The baggage figures for passengers flying into Heathrow in order to catch a further flight, are still worse than for the rest of the airport, three months after the building's disastrous opening. According to Unite, 80 out of 1,000 bags on connecting flights from T5 do not get to their plane, against an average of 65-70 bags for the rest of the airport.

that's just total loonacy. Even 1 bag not getting there is totally unacceptable.

I just really realy hate Heathrow for what it is. The total disregard for customer service or repsonsiveness simply because they are Heathrow. Bastards.

that's just total loonacy. Even 1 bag not getting there is totally unacceptable.

I just really realy hate Heathrow for what it is. The total disregard for customer service or repsonsiveness simply because they are Heathrow. Bastards.

But Thurs, that is life in London. Whether it be in stores or on public transport or in the hospitals or the postal service etc. the whole place is on the verge of complete collapse. In the 2 yrs I was in London, probably 20-30% of our mail failed to be delivered. Evan registered post was regularly lost. 80 bags per 1,000 for T5 - gee better fix that and get it down to an acceptable level of crappiness of 60 bags per thousand. What a crock. Because you just know that the handlers are working like bastards to get the bags off the planes, sorted and reloaded on the next plane, you just know they're not standing around stratching their arses waiting for knock-off time.
Quote:
In the 2 yrs I was in London, probably 20-30% of our mail failed to be delivered.

Really that is shocking.
But lets not brush all UK with that smelly stick.
All post gets to my family back home all the time. I have not heard once of something not arriving.

Thats Britain to a tee though Thursday. Nothing works and the services don't give a shit about it and the people who get it in the neck are the little people.

I've had items go missing in the UK post many times. There was a tv documentary about it and they showed the post sorting guys in there with all kinds of gadgets in order to detect whats inside letters. Or they simply just bagged and took home any nice looking packages. There was some guy in there with a BMW who was making stupid money by stealing post. All those postal workers were lowly educated simpleton types, many immigrants too (not that I have anything against them, but they are equally bad as the english when it comes to stealing mail).

I think there is a serious problem in the UK where the working class think they are above working class work: as shown by their love of designer clothes, excess debt, and lax work attitude. Myself I am working class but I got out of it by working hard and doing something about it, rather than stealing or waiting to be given handouts.